Tracking pending 485/namecheck cases

devon_shire

Registered Users (C)
I think we all agree that employment based I-485/namecheck processing is a lottery; when you hit the winning numbers is simply unpredictable. While I am delighted to see approvals for 485 applications as recent as June 2007 (or perhaps even later), it grieves me to think about all those whose applications are pending for years on end. I can't sleep without assuming there may be some method to this madness, as remote as it may seem.

My approach, perhaps one out of many is to determine the total number of cases outstanding on a year to year basis and and track the progress regularly from now on. I am interested in finding out the total 485s pending from epoch. If the earliest pending case is 1999 or even earlier, I would like to get a grand total for that year and every year thence.

Unfortunately, data from a website like trackitt is nothing more than a sample. And my guess is that it would be pretty inaccurate to base real numbers on what we see on trackitt.

Are there any webpages of USCIS or others which provide a true figure for cases pending namecheck or I-485 on a yearly basis, and do they provide regular updates to the same info?

It may help at least determine a maximum wait time. Unless of course, that too keeps getting longer with time. Either way, I wish to find out. Please let me know if you know where I can look to get this info.

Thanks,
Dev

stats from trackitt

To support my assumption on the inaccuracies from analyzing data on trackitt, here's what I have found for pending cases in NB service center for I-485:
Year of application -# cases pending
2002 - 3
2003 - 16
2004 - 21
2005 - 25
2006 - 226
2007 - 1900+ and counting
Again, keep in mind this is for NB alone.

Also, I am not trying denigrate the efforts of trackitt or anyone volunteering their info to trackitt for tracking purposes. On the contrary, I commend tracktitt and everyone submitting their personal case data.

But clearly I need something from the horses mouth, if it is available.

Last edited by a moderator: