Tracking - of Receipts Received for all 485\'s Filed at VSC in JUNE 2001

SouthIndian

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Good Afternoon.

Let\'s all TRACK the "RD and ND" information for I-485\'s applied at VSC in the month of \'June 2001\'.

Please, post your details if any one of you have Applied for "I-485" in \'JUNE 2001" and have received any "Receipt Notice" from VSC.
PS: Please high light whether the "I-485" is for \'Principal and/Or Dependent Applicant\'.

Thanks for your information.

Have a great day.

Regards
Priyadarshini

No Title

You will have to wait for a long time before anybody posts their RD & ND for the month of june. There are many people waiting since 2nd week of april. Mine was sent to VSC on 18th May and I am still waiting for RD & ND. June is a long way to go.

No Title

Any body who is posting their information over here please also POST the "RD(Receipt Date)" as printed on the \'Return Receipt\' of "Mail Carrier/Over Night Express" that was Stamped by VSC.

PS: One should have received ATLEAST this \'Return Receipt\' of mail carrier\'s to ensure that VSC has received their package.

Thanks in advance. Best wishes and good luck to all.

Have a good day.

Priyadarshini

No Title

I don\'t get it what is the point in tracking RDs of June filing when April filers are waiting for their receipt. There is no meaning for RD. The 180 days rule is applied after the ND and the processing is mainly based in NDs.

Be patient, this is just the beginning of loooooooooooooong process. Conserve your energy for the end. Once you see that Apr / May guys had got their receipts .. at that time this thread will make sense.

No Title

Hi,
I send my I-485 on 6/13, waiting for RN.I called one lawyer at Boston and he told me that there is a mess at every INS office in the country due to April 30 deadline of some sort for some people. He said that it would be months before I can get my RN. My H1 is ending on 9/15/01 and I have a wedding on 10/6/01.
FirstQ: How can I leave the US if I do not get my RN on time (with which I can get EAC and advance parole?
Second Q: How can I continue working, I am at the end of my H1-B of 6 years.
anamarija

No Title

Hi Anamarija2,

Good Afternoon. First of all, I should say my "Good Luck and Best wishes" on this tough situation for you.

The only thing I can say is, "Better consult with a Very Good Talented Attorney". Your case seems to be complicated. Probably you would get the RECEIPT by that time. I heard on this board that, people get their AP sooner than EAD. So you should have that in hand any time. And the EAD before your trip. You can use your EAD/AP combination to Work and Travel. PS: Also, when you travel, do NOT forget to take the I-485 Receipt Copy with you.

Hope this helps to some extent. Have a good day.

PS: This is NOT a legal advice. Follow at your own risk.

Regards
Priyadarshini

No Title

my h1 already ended in nov \'00
I have 240 days grace period to work which ends on july 14
I applied for 485/ead etc 2 mnths back. Havent got any receipt yet.
you can work for 8 mnths from expiration date. so dont worry.
Regarding bringing your wife on H4 usingyour h1 extn receipt notice