Tracking: EB2 with I-485 in TSC with current PD.

Stuck in Name Check

I did a InfoPass on my pending I-485 petition and came to know that my Name Check by FBI has not been cleared since USCIS initially initiated it in Sep'2005 (after I-485 filing in Aug'2005). So I guess for my self no luck this time (Jul-Aug) with my PD being current to get my GC.

Matches with Kosu

My case is close to Kosu's. Here are the details:

EB2 - India - PD - Oct. 2003
LC & I-140 Approved 2006/07
Filed I-485/EAD/AP - June 15, 2007 (FedEx delivery tracking)
Waiting for RD (RFEs??) from TSC.

I received my sons finger print notice today. I havent yet received for me and my wife. Most probably I should receive it tommorow. Finger Print appointment is on June 27th 2007.

mY i-485 GOT APPROVED TODAY:

EB2 INDIA ND OCT, 2005 PD FEB, 2003 CSC TO TSC

HOW and WHY this LONG, LONG waiting (2 yrs, 3 yrs)?!!

When I filed my I-485 in Nov '06, the USCIS processing times showed that they were processing similar cases which had been filed 6 months ago. Since then, until last month, it always showed a 6 month date. Suddenly, from last month, it started going back. Now it says they are processing cases submitted in Sep 2006. (It came up to October, then went back).

Does this mean people are getting their approval in 6-9 months now? If not, what does this processing time mean, really?

On the other hand, if this really means that people are getting their approvals in 6-9 months, then how come people have been waitign for 2-3 yrs?

And, what status do you think MY case is in now, in the USCIS world?

Finally, what's the namecheck thing? Is it the background check? When is it done? Do they notify us when they do this?

Thanks.