TRACKING B-2 denials in Mumbai Consulate

GC4ME_02

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I need your help on this one.. My parents applied for vistor visa thru Mumbai consulate (first time visitors) on March 10th using the Drop box facility. Both their applications got rejected for no reason whatsoever. During that period, a lot of applications were getting rejected left and right.. maybe due to the war....

For all you folks out there who are in the same boat.. trying to apply thru mumbai consulate.. lets form a message thread, so we can track B-2 visa approvals/denials at mumbai.. please post your comments giving when visa was applied/whether approved, etc.

Maybe based on the response from you guys, my parents will be able to decide when to apply again.. no point in applying if majority of cases are still getting rejected even now (the war is long over)..

Please folks... take a few moments to post your replies and keep this thread active...

yeah...here's my info

my sister's got rejected on May14th.She had applied along with her 10 year old son
My parents' visas were approved,but for 8mos only (geez..where did they get that time frame from???)
I dont think they will approve at all,till all the Fingerprinting,body scan crap is in place in Jan 2004

I think month of december (X-mas time) is suitable to apply for tourist visas.
I am not sure but , It is just my guess.

Visa Rejected at Mumbai

We applied for my mother-in-law's visa at Mumbai in Feb 2003. It was rejected under Section 221(g) - they are not sure whether she will come back to India.

My mother-in-law is a 70 yr old widow staying with her married son in Bombay. She, as such, does not have a job or property of her own. Though she has no intention of staying back in US, it is very difficult to show her bindings in monetary terms.

We are going to apply next month and hope for the best. This time we are giving more details regarding her bank account, some fixed deposits and jewellery she owns.

It seems, when you apply, it is presumed that every applicant is an intending immigrant and the applicant needs to demonstrate that it is not true.

My parents visa got rejected in Mumbai

They went in January 1st week of 2004.
They just asked two questions

1> how many kids of urs are in US.
They said two sons.
2>They asked my Dad what do you do ??
He said Im retired.

Thats it and they just rejected.

They didnt see any docs.

We will definitely apply second time.

Re-applying for visitor's visa

Hi all,
My parents got a visa valid for 1 year (March 2003 to March 2004). My mother came to US in April 2003 and my father came in June. They both went back in Sept 2003. In winter my mother came back for 3 months to attend my daughter's first B'day. She will be going back before her visa expires.

Now to avail the drop-box faciltiy they will have to re-apply in within a year. I was wondering if my parents will have any problems to get the next visa as my mom was here for 9 months of a year.

Please let me know if anyone knows what we should do?

Thanks.