Tracking Arlington VA Xfer Cases (Please Post here)

GC4VP

Registered Users (C)
Please post if your case has been xfered to Arlington, Va and are awaiting interview.

My Detalis are already above.

Thanks

-GC4VP

Xfered on July 6

Hi vdamineni, What are your details.

It seems there are not many transfer cases to Arlington, VA. Does anyone know how long they take to schedule interview. The last case I remember was of Shrini100 and it took him about 4 months for the interview after the Xfer date.

My details

Mine is diff case INS took bad address and sent it to VA. as I am local to MI,I am req to Xfer it to Det,MI. if you have any Ph numbers at VA I appreciate that.
Xfered on Jul 6

vdamineni@hotmail.com

Arlington Number

Sorry to hear about your plight vdamineni. Unfortunately INS local numbers that are on the Xfer notice do not work, in fact they are DC numbers and have been disconnected. Your best bet would be contact your Lawyer or directly contact your Service Center (VSC - (802-527-4913).

Good luck and if I come across the number, I would let you know.

-GC4VP

List To Date for Xfers

As I try to maintain the ppl waiting for interview, I realize that there are only four of us till now. Vdamineni is stuck in here and doesn\'t know how to get out and we will try to help.

vdamineni please provide all of your details
Fusheng Tsai as you would see, we only have your Xfer date. The rest of the info. is:

anxious - PD: 10/98, ND: 02/00, FP: 03/01, Xfer: 05/01
GC4VP - PD: 01/97, RD: 05/00, ND: 06/00, FP: 11/00, Xfer: 07/01
Fusheng Tsai - PD:_/_, RD: _/_, ND: _/_ , FP: _/_, Xfer - 5/01
vdamineni - PD:_/_, RD: _/_, ND: _/_ , FP: _/_, Xfer - _/_

Thanks vdamineni

I will be update your information, it seems you don\'t have your PD available, but that should still be OK.. ND and Xfer dates are really the key.

-GC4VP

Interview Experience

I received two letters from Arlington office on 8/8. One is for the interview appointment on 8/13, the other is for a new FP request on the week of 8/14 to 8/18. I was confused because I don\'t understand why they need my FP taken again after the interview. Anyway, I went to Arlinton office yesterday about 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. I was called by officer G around 40 minutes later. This officer is pretty nice and polite. She took my index finger print and had me sign the FP card. The interview only took 10-15 minutes and everything went smoothly. At the end, the officer asked me whether or not I received a separate FP request. I said yes. She said I need to have my FP taken in the Alexandria office so they can make the final decision. I asked her why they need my FP again since I had my FP taken back to last November. She checked the computer and found my FP record eventually. She stamped my passport right away and said I can discard the FP notice. For those of you who are going to be interviewed at the Arlington office, here are my suggestions:

1. My case is family based, not employment based. If your case was thansferred to Arlington in May and still not receiving the interview letter, don\'t be panic since we might be in different queue.
2. If you also receive two letters and the FP date is prior to your appointment date, be sure to have your FP taken again even though you had your FP taken couple months ago. However, if the officer didn\'t stamp your passport at the end of interview due to FP record missing, be sure to ask the officer check again.
3. Prepare your interview documents now. Don\'t wait until you receive the appointment letter since you might only have one or two days to settle all the documents.
4. So far, my lawyer still didn\'t receive any interview letter from the Arlington office. I\'m not sure whether this letter is only sent to the applicant or not. Don\'t assume your lawyer will alway receive a copy for you. Check your own mailbox.

Good Luck To All Of You!!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the experience.

Great News Fusheng Tsai. This must have been such a relief to you. Enjoy your freedom and sit back and relax now.

Best wishes

Congratulations

Hi congratulations dude!.

If you are any one is going to VA office, Please let me know. I am really
in a bad situation
-Vdamineni

My details

My details are PD:10/98 ND 10/99 FP 3/01 Transfer Date 05/18/01. Still waiting for interview
dhanush

Latest update on the Interviews

Congratulations to Fusheng Tsai whose Family Based was recently approved at Arlington. Here are her details:

Fusheng Tsai - PD: 04/00, ND: 04/00 , FP: 11/00, Xfer: 5/01, ID and AD:08/13, Officer G (Family Based)

So far, I have following people waiting for the interviews (organized by their Transfer Dates):

anxious - PD: 10/98, ND: 02/00, FP: 03/01, Xfer: 05/01 - WAITING
dhanush - PD: 10/98, ND: 10/99, FP: 03/01, Xfer: 05/18- WAITING
vdamineni - PD:_/_, ND: 03/00 , FP: 03/01, Xfer - 07/01- WAITING
GC4VP - PD: 01/97, ND: 06/00, FP: 11/00, Xfer: 07/01- WAITING

Best Wishes to everyone.

File transfered to Arlington Office.

My file was transferred to Arlington , VA on 29th august. My ND is Oct 25. I saw your posting on immigration.com and we are in same boat ..If you don\'t mind , can I get your phone #.
Thanks

Reply from congressman

I got a reply from congressman stating that Arlington INS office is scheduling interviews for those who applied I-485 in January, 1999. I should expect interview in next 6-9 months.

I dont understand why this punishment for Tranferees.

dhanush