Tracking approvals by last LUD's before approval

immi_09

Registered Users (C)
Did any body track approvals by last LUD change before approval? Just so that people can get an idea of a trend in approvals vs LUD change before the actual approval (and new LUD)?

My case is similar to yours. To my knowledge it does not mean anything but it would be good to establish a pattern if possible.

FYI:

First time LUD changed when I received FP notice. That was sometime in Feb 2004. LUD again changed in Aug 2004 with message that they have received FP and name check is pending.

In Oct 2004, got a mail that case is approved and LUD changed. LUD changed again in a week after I-485 approval.

Hope above will help.

I-485 ND: May 2003
I-485 AD: Oct 2004

I think its a good idea

My case details:

485 ND: April 2003
RFE response recevied by USCIS: Oct 19, 2004
LUD Changes: 11/4, 11/5

LUD of I-485 changed for My wife (Prime Applicant) and I but not for son (age 9yrs) today. 11/8/2004/

I hope approval to come within a month.

Immi 09 had started this thread and now he is approved. Please keep this thread alive by posting your LUD's and subsequent approvals.

LUD Theory

If LUD changes ( no message change however ) once or twice, after case resumed message, 90% chances are that you will be approved < 7 days or around 10th, 20th or 30th days. Many people have been approved recently on this pattern ( 15 in my company :) ) Theory over here is that case has been assigned to an officer. And as per ETA-GC if this is a "easy" case chances are very high.

Hi, Were the LUD changes based on after USCIS recd RFE or directly after FP1/2 ?
In my case LUD changed 4 days in a row and the last one was 10/21 (a week after they recd my response for RFE and 37 days after FP2).No approval yet or LUD changes recently.
The thing is, i want to sketch a pattern.

jish said:
Hi, Were the LUD changes based on after USCIS recd RFE or directly after FP1/2 ?
In my case LUD changed 4 days in a row and the last one was 10/21 (a week after they recd my response for RFE and 37 days after FP2).No approval yet or LUD changes recently.
The thing is, i want to sketch a pattern.

jish,
I wish there were a pattern, but I am afraid there is is none. The lack of pattern and inconsistency is driving us all impatient and nuts.

I did status inquiry on 10/26. No response! LUD without message change on 11/03. am still waiting! for a pattern and more than that the approval!

waiting! said:
jish,
I wish there were a pattern, but I am afraid there is is none. The lack of pattern and inconsistency is driving us all impatient and nuts.

I did status inquiry on 10/26. No response! LUD without message change on 11/03. am still waiting! for a pattern and more than that the approval!

Hi ,
Do you know of anyone who have got 485 approved or atleast their files touched by contacting AILA liason or DHS ombudsman.
To me, contacting senators or congressman wouldn't be of much value unless they personally know of anyone in USCIS or a strong representative.
Otherwise a standard congressional inquiry will prove to be more detrimental.

Last edited by a moderator:
My LUD changed on Nov 8th as well.
Interesting thing is there are a bunch of people with this LUD date.
Cross your fingers.

LUD changed again today for both. Got 4 messages and thought that it's approval. This is what the case status says. The following BS. I really hate these guys.

On November 9, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.