Tracking Approval Notice

No Title

dasse & evergreen:

I just came back from Arlington INS. TOday I got my PP stamping and nothing to worry. My best suggestion [for dasse], if you are going tomorrow , if you go by 5AM, you will be out by 9:20.
I went there by 4:30 and i was in the front.

And by mistake i have included my H1 also and after that i asked that back, then they said you don\'t need it anymore.

So don\'t worry. I went with CC only. I got that on 11/02 only.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info.

I am planning to go to Arlington INS tomorrow Tuesday morning.
Yes, I will try to be there between 5 - 5:30am.
I will take my courtesy copy with me. passport, I-94, 2 photos (same as EAD card), All previous EAD cards that I have (old and new), H1B1.
That\'s it? please let me know if I missed something else.
Thanks a lot.

dasse

Local Transfer to Baltimore, Got Interview Notice

Category : EB2
PD : 11/24/99
RD : 12/22/00
ND : 01/04/01
FP : 05/02/01
Transfer City : Baltimore
Transfer Date : 06/04/01
Interview Date : 12/13/01

No Title

dasse:

That\'s enough, you can give the valid EAD only. Don\'t forget carry, if you have any valid Adv.Paroles. You don\'t have to handover the H1 paper[I didn\'t return my wife\'s ex-H1].

Ha,
i asked the officer about how to track the status on my cards arrival, then he said \'you can\'t\'. But if you know anything please pass it me.

If you still have any questions, Go Ahead and ????

$4 Parking is in the back side of the building, it comes before the bldg.
Parking lot man comes at 7AM.

Goos Luck
&
See you 2morrow!

Documents needed for stamping

I am waiting for the approval notice. In the meantime, can anyone told me what to bring with me and my wife for the passport stamping other than the passport(for sure) and approval notice.

I also have another question, may be a dumb question. After the stamping, can I travel outside of the country without any problems?

thank.

parking

I assume the parking lot is open until the man comes.
Do I need to go back to the parking lot from the INS waiting line to pay? Or how did you handle that? THanks a lot.

dasse & GCsr

I got my passport stamp today in Dallas district office. I went there at 3:30 a.m. (yes, we need that early. some people went there around mid-night.) Most of the time only 1 counter was opened to serve all cases. There were around 200 people in the room and another hundreds of people waiting outside the building...Sigh....it\'s typical government agency!!!

I was the 6th person need to have pp stamp. Guess when I got out? 10:30a.m......

dasse, good luck for your stamping tomorrow. Do let us know how\'s it turn out :)

GCsr, we can check plastic card status. You just call to VSC (the regular number to check status). I believe after a while, AVM will change to tell you that they have ordered your green card and what\'s the expected date to receive.

Evergreen

7- 8 weeks

Evergreen:

As per observation of the messages on this board, people are getting [min]7 weeks to 12 weeks.

So we should expect them before the jan 15th.

keep posting, if see any other tracking info.

Now do we need to change the SS card?

Change SS card

GCSr,

Yes, you should go to SS office to change your SS card. My friend changed his SS card after he got passport stamped. They will issue a new card for you without showing this phrase "valid for work only with INS authoization" on the card.
I am planning to do it next week or later.

Do also remember to go to HR to change your status from H1 to PR. They will give you a I9 form to change your status. I will go to HR tomorrow.

Evergreen

Got Approval Notice and Passport stamped

Hi,

ND: 1/22/01
Approval Dt: 10/25/01
Approval Notice Recd: 11/2/01
Passport Stamped: 11/5/01 (Whew!)
Category: NIW

Thanks to this wonderful board and all the best to all of you who are waiting for their turn!

Passport Stamping finished

Guys,

I went to the Arlington INS in VA. at 4:55am and we were the second in the line. We finished everything and out of the building at 9:00am. There were couple of hundreds of people waiting.

Well, I was very unhappy because of the attitudes of the people working at there. For instance, we have been standing outside this cold weather about 2 and half hours and a guy who looks like a kind of manager yells at people to keep the one line and bla bla bla... and never stopped talking like that... like in the prison...

Secondly, the officer who did my and my wife\'s passport stamping, she was something. She was one of the worst person whom I met in US. recently... For instance, She finished my stamping and got the finger print and gave me the passport. that\'s it. she said NOTHING. So I said just thank you. and I was watching my wife\'s stamping. But I found something different than mine. She missed to put my A# under the stamp in my passport. But she did put the A# on my wife\'s. So I interrupted her and asked. She said "What?" and took my passport and wrote the number. that\'s it. she said nothing after then... So we just left the counter...

But I don\'t care. Oh, she put the today\'s date on my passport as 11/05/01. But 11/06/01 on my wife\'s.

Anyway, thanks guys all of your help and encouragements. and Good luck to your future !

dasse

Congrats

Dasse,

I can guess that person, she is always like that. I tried to open her her opening the door, she did the same way.

Any how, we got it.

Now see in track of PCard.

Thank You

I don\'t need to change my SS card, but for my wife.

When we came to this country, there was no phrase "valid for work only with INS authoization" on the card.

Ok, Let\'s track the PCard !