JumboFun

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Is there any one?

Atleast one?

Mine Approved - 31st Oct 02
Filed Spouse - July 2002
FP's Spouse - Received Oct 1st

Any idea - How much time it would take !

Jumbo Fun

Hey !

Hey ! I am in the same boat as yours. !!

I just filed this month for my wife... !! Dont know how long it would take now to get the EAD... !! Do you have any idea!!

Approval ?

Hi Ben,

My case was approved on Oct 31st 2002. I was thinking that the processing would speed up as my case is approved. But, i guess it is going to take the same amount of time.

For the time being I am thinking of applying for an EAD renewal.
I will keep you posted.

Jumbo Fun

hEY

Per my lawyer , its should not take tto long to get ur spouse GC processed as it will fall under your priority date.

Thanks For The Help

Hey Ben,

Thanks for checking the same with your lawyer.

Is there anyway I can check the status on her application. When I checked around 31st Oct (while attending my interview) her application was not trasfered to the local ins office.

JumboFun

I am on the same boat.

I got married 6 months after filing 485. I have RD 12/2001 and hope to get approved this month.

What I do not know is if the approval is a regular approval or I will get interview ( I hope get straight approval).

Can you share your expereinces ?

Got The Receipt For EAD Extension

Hi Marcoantonio,

It varies in each individuals case. I got an interview but some of my friends got approval receipts directly.

Ben, I got the receipt for my wife's EAD application. it says 80 days maximum, let's see how much it would actually take.

Jumbo Fun

Hi
I am writing this to you guys because I need your expert advice.
My Employment based I-485 is in INS custody now. The Receipt number is EAC-02-079-52......I am probably and hopefully very close to hear something from INS shortly. But I want to get married early July and want to bring my wife under H4. Considering that my I-485 is not approved by that time is it possible? I never applied for employment authorization, my H1 is still valid till middle of next year. I have advance parole and I have used that once last year. This year I got a new advance parole after the last years got expired.
So please give me some advice if I could get married and apply H4 for my wife from my home country.

Thank you all in advance.

Well, the advise my lawyer told me was to get married before 485 approval otherwise will take many years to have spouse here.
I do believe it will depends on the personal interest as well each individual case. I recommend to get advise from your lawyer to see the best option for you.

Some information my lawyer gave to me was the possibility to get married and then do consular process for my wife, or do 485, or get married and wait for approval and then use the ¨follow to join¨. What I am not sure is what happen with the follow to join.

I recommend to ask your lawyer.
Good luck

Hi, mhaque:

I can not help you with your issue. However, I have a question about your situation.

You said that your H1 is still valid till middle of next year, you never applied for employment authorization and you used your Advance Parole once last year.

My question is: when you used Advance Parole to enter USA, your H1 visa would be invalid. How can you work without EAD?

Thanks
Luckyray

I don't think what you are saying is true. I think H1 is the work authorization. You don't need EAD unless you are around the the end of of your H1 period. You should ask the GURUS to confirm.

Thanks

Hi all,
I just saw ove the online system that my case has been approved on May 27.

I will post more details once i receive the notice.