Tracker ..........Likely June Appointments for chennai consulate.

green_my_green

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I started this thread to keep track and update ourselves, hoping for june interviews at chennai consulate.

My case details are :
Nvc reviewed: 25 March
Case dispatched: 03 April

Recieved an e-mail confirmation form chennai consulate that they had recieved my case and appointment likely to be in June.

So all the june hopefuls lets get together and get prepared for the next steps.

1. I came across a few postings that june/july heavy demand for airlines
what are the options?
2. Since we had already paid the $260/- per applicant, I believe we have to still pay $60/- or aprox Rs 3285/- per applicant for visa issuance are there any more fees?
3.Please post any any other minor/major issues/concerns.. which one may tend to overlook.

Regards

Details !

review done 3/11/2002
sent to chennai 3/19/2002
chennai received 3/29/2002

hoping for a June interview date.

After may 20th all the air carriers are increasing the fare by $100-$350 and also it is difficult to get the ticket. I am thinking to send my family by 1st week of May, so that they can go on direct flights. Once the dates are announced,I can go by any flight(carrier) somehow..

Visa issuance fee, as of today it is Rs.3,185 plus we have to pay the blue dart courier fees, I am not sure about exact amount, Rs. 250 or 350 + n x 50. n is number of passports.

Here we go again!

One more step forward and more headaches.

I was wondering who is going to start a June/Chennai interview thread and how early (now I know) :)

I am also sending my family in First week of May (Singapore Air) and hopefully get a ticket in the same airline for me also.

Does anybody know how long will it take to get the medical test results? I am from Bangalore and planning to fly to Chennai directly, finish the interview, and then go to Bangalore. So, I wanted to know how early I should go to Chennai and how long should I be staying there...

-XML

xml ! From the earlier months thread one week before the interview date is fine for medicals..

you need some extra 2-3 days buffer for additional tests, if required..

No Title

This uncertainty about the interview date is causing many
difficulties...we cannot really confirm the tickets until we know the
interview dates (officially announced around the 15th of
every month). However, we can\'t hold the tickets for that long, agents
ask us to cancel or confirm well before the 15th.

Someone suggested calling the Consulate around the 5th to get an idea
of whether the interview might be the following month. Hope this
will work.

No Title

I too am planning to send my family around 10th/15 th of may and buy open tickets for their return journey.
I heard that all dependents including the primary applicant need to be
present at the POE at the same time for the formalities, is this TRUE.
The reason being is that in form DS230 part 1 which specifically asks for list of dependendts who will accompany you to the US.

If this is TRUE then all those planning to follow their families at a later date in june have to some how manage to go by the same airline as their family and return together in the same flight.Buying one way tickets would be too expensive especially during this peak season.

Are there any other better alternatives/options, Please advise.

I am doing the same, But ...........

I am expecting a June interview also (application sent to Chennai on April 3rd) and I have arranged my wife and kids to go to India in May itself. But I am now wondering if their presence here will be required for any documentation, especially if my wife has to sign any documents. Any insights will be helpful. I have already applied for her PCC but do not have it yet. I applied the PCC about 35 days back. The consulate in NY said that If I don\'t get the PCC in 45 days then the consulate will give the PCC on the 46 th day.

That\'s all.

Sanju

No Title

I think it would be better if she leaves after getting her PCC.

I am not sure about NY Consulate, but in SFO the consulate requires the ORIGINAL passport where they stamp on it that PCC has been issued so and so date.

Other than that, I dont see any hitch.

here are mine

NVC review done: 03/25/02
Case forwarded to Chennai: 04/03/02
Case recieved by Chennai: before 04/15/02

E-mailed chennai on 04/15/02 and they responded saying interview likely in june. Don\'t know when exactly they recieved my case.

XML: I could not post my reply as my account was disabled.

We have to take a seperate DD for Blue dart..

netuser, You need your wife\'s passport for PCC.
I got my PCC in 10days. Indian Consulate called my home # and told PCC is ready. I thought both of us applied at the same time and both the PCC should be ready. When I went there only mine was there, for spouse they asked me to come after 45 days. Now it is more than 2 months nobody called. Once again I am going there tomorrow.

dodda100- Thanks for sharing; I have following questions:

I am aware of the fact that passport is required for PCC. I applied my wife\'s PCC on March 18th and 45 days will complete on May 1st. I had called NY consulate and they told me that after 45 days I can come to consulate and collect her PCC. My wife is leaving on May 5th. So I have May 2nd (46th day) and May 3rd (47th day) to get her PCC. This is a calculated risk on my part. Her tickets are booked already. By the way I got my PCC in just one day as the NY consulate had issued my passport.

1) Which consulate are you talking about for the PCC?

2) If it is more than 45 days for you then have you tried to go to consulate and get the PCC on that basis? I am afraid waiting for their call mey not be such a good idea.

June Interview

NVC Review done - Mar 25
Case sent to chennai - April 3

Got email from Chennai consulate about June interview ..

Planning to book tickets once the dates are confirmed ...

netuser !

regarding PCC --I am talking about CGNY only.
My passport was issued at Bangalore, still I got it in 10 days. first time when they called I did not believe it, I just kept quite and did not go. after 5 days they called once again.

For my wife I went today and got it after 70days.

Reciept of advise/confirmation letter from NVC.

Did anyone recieve a confirmation/advise letter from NVC stating that the case has been forwarded to consulate.

As per PKT3 they have stated that they would advise us on dispatch of the case to the consulate after completing the administrative process of pkt3.

My Attorney received it.. So I got a fax from attorney..

Even on the P3 it says your attorney will be notified..