Tracker for lockbox appls from Los Angeles area

maheshgajanan

Registered Users (C)
I am hoping those of us with NBC lockbox application and reside in the LA DO area can start posting their statuses here:

My status
Appl Mailed: June 14
Appl recvd: June 16
ND: June 27
Money Order cashed: June 28
DO: Los Angeles

Where do I file for my mother I-130?

Mahesh,
I am waiting for my interview and oath but would like to file I-130 for my mother . What is the address I will be sending the app. Appreciate if you can post more details. Thank you.
Bye and regards,
maheshgajanan said:
I am hoping those of us with NBC lockbox application and reside in the LA DO area can start posting their statuses here:

My status

I filed I-130's for my parents in December, 2004. My parents have been in US since December, 2000. So, I sent the whole package for them (I-485 and the other forms). They were interviewed on July 6, 2005. It has been almost 2 months, and we haven't heard from the INS yet.
How long does it take to get a response from the INS after the interview? Anyone with such an experience, please...

I went to LA DO this morning to find out the status of my parents' case. I was told that the response takes up to 6 months. (At the 800 number they told me it takes 2 months for USCIS to send the interview results. Also, after the interview we were told that we would get the results in 2 months.) :(
I asked her "Can you give me the current status of their case".
She looked at the computer, and she said "It's pending".
I said "What's pending? What are you looking at, I didn't give you any information about them, yet". :confused:
And, so, she said "Well, give me their A-numbers, and I'll check".
Then, she got the printouts of their cases, which were showing "pending" status. Of course, she did not give them to me, just showed me.
Does it really take that long?

Anahit said:
I filed I-130's for my parents in December, 2004. My parents have been in US since December, 2000. So, I sent the whole package for them (I-485 and the other forms). They were interviewed on July 6, 2005. It has been almost 2 months, and we haven't heard from the INS yet.
How long does it take to get a response from the INS after the interview? Anyone with such an experience, please...

I want to know if my mom is in US on a visitor visa when I get my oath letter, does she qualify to remain here so that I can apply I130 AND I485 at the same time? And if I do that, will she remain "in status"? Since you mentioned that your parents are here since 2000, what was their status at the time of I130 application? Can you answer the question about my mom for me? Thank you.

LR2005 said:
I want to know if my mom is in US on a visitor visa when I get my oath letter, does she qualify to remain here so that I can apply I130 AND I485 at the same time? And if I do that, will she remain "in status"? Since you mentioned that your parents are here since 2000, what was their status at the time of I130 application? Can you answer the question about my mom for me? Thank you.
My parents were out of status when I filed I-130s (I-485s, ... the whole package) for them. You can apply for your mother anytime after you become a US citizen.
Can someone tell me how long it takes to get the green card after the interview (family based cases, AOS processing)?

Please post your time lines here for Chicago Lock Box Los Angeles District office

I filed for I-130, 485, 131 ( in one packet) for my mother to Chicago lock box. Her time line is in the signature. Can you please post your tme lines?
Thanks
-Simi Dude

Can you see the MSC numbers on the line status tracking?

Mahesh,
Can you check your Receipt Notices numbers using the On line status ? Please let me know.

Anahit, Can you please respond also?
Thanks
maheshgajanan said:

My status

We had our interview earlier this week. Examiner was very friendly. Most of the time we were chatting about things that were unrelated to the immigration application. He asked us for the joint ownership papers and we gave him the car insurance paper, lease papers and child's birth certificate. That was pretty much it. He approved the application and told us to expect the GC in about 2 week. Is that really how long it takes? Does anyone know?

Applied- middle of June 2005
FP notice about 1 month later
Interview 28th Nov 2005
Awaiting physical card

Congratulations - Ignore my other message please

maheshgajanan said:
We had our interview earlier this week. Examiner was very friendly. Most of the time we were chatting about things that were unrelated to the immigration application. He asked us for the joint ownership papers and we gave him the car insurance paper, lease papers and child's birth certificate. That was pretty much it. He approved the application and told us to expect the GC in about 2 week. Is that really how long it takes? Does anyone know?

Applied- middle of June 2005
FP notice about 1 month later
Interview 28th Nov 2005
Awaiting physical card