Tracker for appeals/MTR

Dear firend,
same story happened with me. isaw lud on my denied i140 on 6/21/08. but no status change. i calles uscis but they told me because i 'm the applicant thats why they can't explain me. they can explain to my lawyer/employer. but i didn't do that. i don't want to mess with the immigration people.i applied my mtr 5/5/2008. r/d 5/22/2008. lud on i290 : 5/28/08. lud on i140 : 6/21/2008 . till then no udate n no message change. i140 says same mesaage denial notice sent . and i290 saying recieve n pending.
god knows what is happening.
good luck to you
Regards
Nick

motion to re-open case

Guys,

I filed a motion to re-open with the New York district office, who confirmed the receipt of the motion on May 30, 2008. Now, I have been waiting for 71 days and I have not heard anything as yet. Anyone knows the length of time when I can expect a decision on my MTR case? I have a job interview next Wednesday and I am sure the company will ask me when I will have an answer on the case. I am not sure what to say and I would really appreciate any insight on the timeframe for MTR.

Thanks in advance.

Gremblins

Wish there had been some process to know the MTR processing time. For few people, MTR was processed within 3 weeks, few were lucky in 60 days. I have been waiting for 62 days and still no signs. I did see one LUD on my denied 140 on 7/27/2008 but looks like that was fake as nothing changed after that.

Sometimes I feel USCIS guys do minitor those forums for some wicked joy. They hit LUD on some set of cases and come here to enjoy the ripples.

I am afraid, it took 1.5 years for for one person on trackitt to just process the MTR.

I have been here for more than 9 years and still waiting on my dead Jim I 140. :(

Anyways, we can only wait..... one more reply for USCIS to enjoy....

Thanks

My I-140 got denied as I have 3 year degree and my attorney insisted that we apply in EB2. There was an RFE with regard to my education. We did another evaluation to show that my 3 year degree is equivalent to a 4 year US degree.

The denial notice says that originally mine was evaluated for 3 years and now for 4 years. There is no reason why they should consider the second evalutation and they will only consider the first one. It also adds that I can be considered for EB3.

We filed MTR to reconsider under EB3. I haven't got my receipt notice for I-290B.

Any thoughts on this? Do you think, they will downgrade and accept? Please shed some light.

Thanks

Guys, please help me understand what this means as i got an email about my Appeals case (I290B).

"We sent you a letter on 11/10/2007 letting you know your case has been withdrawn. You will need to reply for a new I290B".

What does it mean? I never got the letter they mentioned...

My employer did not withdraw it. Not sure if the attorney can do it on their own... i'll have to check tho! but it's very shocking for me...

My 140 was denied in Oct 07 and filed 290B in Nov 07. I believe it is MTR and appeal. Thats what i asked attorney to do and hope she did it right. Denial reason is 3 years degree. I have a 1 and 1/2 yrs PG dip from a university after degree which requires the degree as pre req and an entrance exam and all that. In any case they said they need a single degree with 4 years and threw it away. I tried to equate it to bachelors + 5 years of exp.

There is no status change on 290 or 140 so far (almost an year). I filed a new 140 in EB3 on the same labor and file another PERM for which again the wait began. I really lost interest in it now and i dont care how ever long it takes as long as i can extend my 1 year H1. I am in 7 th year right now.

Anyone who filed 290B 2/3 months ago be prepared for a long ride.

lost but not least: i got FP notice for 485 after my 140 is denied and i completed FP and my 485 is still alive. Even almost 1 year after the 140 is denied.

My cases are pending at TSC. Good luck to you all with your pending cases and appeals.

hi virtuo0, when 140 is denid, ur 485 is automatically cancelled even tho u get FP notice... the MTR/appeal that u filed (290b) is only for 140... so pls do not bank on the 485 but continue with ur other cases..

hi virtuo0, when 140 is denid, ur 485 is automatically cancelled even tho u get FP notice... the MTR/appeal that u filed (290b) is only for 140... so pls do not bank on the 485 but continue with ur other cases..

Bunny01, You are wrong!!!

No, your 485 is not dead if your case is under MTR/APPEAL. As a matter of fact. I filed my 485 months after I-140 denial.

i290b

Dear Dry heat,
i submit my i290b with nsc on may5,2008.i got the reciept on may22,2008.then there is soft lud on denied i140 dated june 21,2008 but no change in status.my reason for denail was lack of original labour certification.i got denail without any rfe/noid.but my company filed mtr after 4 months because it took so much time to get the response form department of labour.after that department of labour issue us a special ref. no for the uscis.in the email they wrote it can be done but it will take several weeks.on behalf of everything we submit the mtr. till then i am waiting . can you give me nay valuable suggestion what the maximum time limit for the mtr.my lawyer tick two columns.one motion to re-open and the other is motion to re-consider.what you think what are chances. if they want to come back on issue fo timely mtr they can come back rightaway. but almost 4 months are gone. is this a good sign.
Bunny01, You are wrong!!!

No, your 485 is not dead if your case is under MTR/APPEAL. As a matter of fact. I filed my 485 months after I-140 denial.

MTR's are faster then Appeals. For MTR takes from 3 months up. Appeals are around 2 years.
You should be hearing from MTR soon.

i290b

Dear Dry Heat,
my question is can they still come back on the issue of timely filing. what are the chances that they are taking much more time than usually take. in your opinion what are the chances
Regards
Nick

MTR's are faster then Appeals. For MTR takes from 3 months up. Appeals are around 2 years.
You should be hearing from MTR soon.

Guys,

I originally applied for 140 in EB2.

H from labor says ed reqd is Masters.
Alternate education is accespted - Yes and that is Bachelors

Now my 140 is denied in 3 yrs + 1 1/2 degree issue and it is in appeal. We filed another 140 in EB3 category using the same labor while the apeeal is pending. Last week it was also denied. I am still waiting for the reason. Is the old labor good for EB3 ? Could be the denial reason that the labor is only good for EB2?

Thanks for any comments.

I-485 denied, appealed filed, time?

Hello friends,

My I-485 (work) was denied on April 21, 2008 because we failed to provide them with some tax returns (by mistake we sent for 4 years instead of 5).

We filled an appeal within a month and I still have no news (~6 months).

Any rough estimate about the time wait for their decision?

Thank you,

Z.

My 290 is filed in Nov 2007. Today my attorney confirmed me that it is just an appeal and does not include MTR. But the status msg still shows as it is pending with TSC and the last LUD is still in NOV 07. I suppose this msg should have changed if it is transferred to AAo. Is there any chance that only status is not updated and case is with AAO? Its weird not to send it to AAO after almost an year since it is filed. Any comments?

Thanks.

290B approved

Guys,

My 290B approved atlast. My lawyer received the letter from AAO yesterday. It said that the appeal is approved.

Any idea how much time does it take from here to get the I140 approval?

Thanks.

Can you give us more details on your first denied I-140 ?
It was the issue of 3 years BS indian degree ? Yours was EB-3 ?
My I-140 appreal is filed in Jan'2008 and it was on 3 years educational ground.
Your detail will help us in keeping pations.

Ram