Tracker for appeals/MTR

gcstruggler said:
I started another GC in PERM (with the same employer) and its 140 approved in EB2 2 days back. My appeal on my 140 for previous GC is still pending at AAO. Hopefully they will take my 3 year(B.Tech) degree as an equivalency of US B.S.

Thanks
Congrats!! gcstruggler on your 140 approval. Hopefully, the visa dates for EB2 will become current soon. I think we should do the same thing. Just a thought.

GCStruggler,
Can you not tie back your old 485 to the new approved I140? Have you asked you lawyer about this?

No we cannot tie old 485 with another 140. The old 485 will have to wait until the old 140 appeal to be approved. That is what my lawyer told me. I even asked him whether we can send this 140 approval notice to appeal's office and ask them to approve my case. He said it won't work. With EB3 140 appeals being very slow (15 months), I am wondering if anybody has tried different ways to speed the process at AAO's office.
Last December my Lawyer sent a copy of similar case approved by AAO to my case at AAO asking them to expedite the case. But no Luck.

Thanks
marooti said:
GCStruggler,
Can you not tie back your old 485 to the new approved I140? Have you asked you lawyer about this?

i.e. correct

yes, that is what data is saying there but i am wondering that how come the dates have run so fast within couple of months.

sarwarmd said:
yes, that is what data is saying there but i am wondering that how come the dates have run so fast within couple of months.
If that is correct, we should be getting our appeal responses soon. Is that too optimistic in today's immigration scenario?

290B Processing Time

My lawyer said that the dates in this link are for decision rendered by NBC and not for us.
But the following link shows current for many types of appeal cases.

http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/aao.html

I140 EB2 appeal is current but I don't see anybody posting there decisions here. The processing time for I140 EB3 is still slow at 15 months but faster than the processing time announced before ( 18 months).

gcstruggler said:
The following link shows that AAU is now processing April 01, 2006.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?

Does this date refers to the 290B that we filed for the denied 140?

Thanks

Congrats Gcstruggler

Congrates gcstruggler.

It looks like NSC is processing EB2 I-140 within 2 months. We would apprecieate if you can share your time line for second case with us at the link below.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=206216&page=1&pp=15

We will need PERM filing date, I140 notice date and approval date.

Thanks,

gcstruggler said:
I started another GC in PERM (with the same employer) and its 140 approved in EB2 2 days back. My appeal on my 140 for previous GC is still pending at AAO. Hopefully they will take my 3 year(B.Tech) degree as an equivalency of US B.S.

Thanks

What are you talking about? As per Tracker, EB2 cases are pending since December 2005. So it's about 5 months since no update. Where did you get 2 months EB2 processing time?

gc212 said:
Congrates gcstruggler.

It looks like NSC is processing EB2 I-140 within 2 months. We would apprecieate if you can share your time line for second case with us at the link below.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=206216&page=1&pp=15

We will need PERM filing date, I140 notice date and approval date.

Thanks,

I filed 140 in Texas

My 2nd I140 was filed in Texas service center. That is why it was quick.

Thanks.

stillwaiiting said:
What are you talking about? As per Tracker, EB2 cases are pending since December 2005. So it's about 5 months since no update. Where did you get 2 months EB2 processing time?

gcstruggler,

I have few questions please reply to private message..

Thanks,

gcstruggler said:
My 2nd I140 was filed in Texas service center. That is why it was quick.

Thanks.

Hope in another 1 month you hear something from AAO. Please update this forum when some update happens to you case.

Thanks.

findgc said:
EB3 Transfered to AAO on 02/2005, 14 months so far, no updates yet.

My case was transferred back to NSC on the 19th April. My appeal was sent over to AAO on the 6th of Dec 2004.
Not sure if there is any hope. Does anyone have any info on this.

marooti said:
My case was transferred back to NSC on the 19th April. My appeal was sent over to AAO on the 6th of Dec 2004.
Not sure if there is any hope. Does anyone have any info on this.

Marooti

Please the exact message on online status!

On April 19, 2006, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals
Office. If any further action is appropriate, we will notify you when it is
taken.

marooti said:
On April 19, 2006, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals
Office. If any further action is appropriate, we will notify you when it is
taken.

Please check with your attorney,
IMO, Attorney should be receiving a letter stating that the case is transferred.

Good luck

Question on I-140/290B and EAD

My I-140 was denied so filed appeal. 290B ans I-140 is transfered to AAO. I filed the I-140 and I-485 same time.

I appeared for Interim EAD (2nd now) and immigration officer said my I-485 is denied in oct-2005. So they can't give me EAD. However the online status shows its pending, and there was no denial notice.

However my wife(dependent) got her renewed 2nd EAD without any problem. I am currently trying to find out why 485 was denied and what I missed? My lawyer sayes its because my I-140 in AAO its showing denied. I am not convinced..

Anyone have similar experience? or have any other idea what's going on?

Hi Kukuchaku,

485 is something that would be processed after ur 140 is approved. since ur 140 was denied, technically ur 485 also stands cancelled. u should have received a letter from USCIS about the denial along with ur 140 denial letter. Ur wife was lucky to get one but pls cross check. the other thing could be that since ur case is in appeal mode, u may be eligible for extensions/ renewals (i'm not sure about this tho!)

kukuchaku said:
My I-140 was denied so filed appeal. 290B ans I-140 is transfered to AAO. I filed the I-140 and I-485 same time.

I appeared for Interim EAD (2nd now) and immigration officer said my I-485 is denied in oct-2005. So they can't give me EAD. However the online status shows its pending, and there was no denial notice.

However my wife(dependent) got her renewed 2nd EAD without any problem. I am currently trying to find out why 485 was denied and what I missed? My lawyer sayes its because my I-140 in AAO its showing denied. I am not convinced..

Anyone have similar experience? or have any other idea what's going on?