Tracker for appeals/MTR

Hi long_innings:

Thank you for your quick response.

I filed 290B on Nov. 15. On Jan. 19th, the case status says it was transferred to AAO office.

Today (2/3/06), I-140 status changes to "On February 3, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received here for processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case..."

I-290B status changes to "On February 3, 2006, your I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was received here for processing. It is taking between 30 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case..."

I don't know whether it's in AAO or Nebraska now. My notice is not as clear as yours. Anyway, let's keep our finger crossed. Best luck to you and everyone here.

snowyday

Hi,
FYI,

My message was same, howver when I received the receipt it said my case got transfered to AAO office in Washington.

Thanks
Kuku

snowyday said:
Hi long_innings:

Thank you for your quick response.

I filed 290B on Nov. 15. On Jan. 19th, the case status says it was transferred to AAO office.

Today (2/3/06), I-140 status changes to "On February 3, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received here for processing. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case..."

I-290B status changes to "On February 3, 2006, your I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was received here for processing. It is taking between 30 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case..."

I don't know whether it's in AAO or Nebraska now. My notice is not as clear as yours. Anyway, let's keep our finger crossed. Best luck to you and everyone here.

snowyday

Okay, as expected, my Appeal was dismissed. What a waste of youth and life it has been these 5 years in pursuit of this "PITA" green card.

Others, hope you tread better paths!

I am really sorry for you ... I knowhow it feels ..... Be brave ....What is pathetic is this is your own labor .... usually this happens on subs labor .......
Anyway try out some alternatives like PERM through another company.....
[

QUOTE=long_innings]Okay, as expected, my Appeal was dismissed. What a waste of youth and life it has been these 5 years in pursuit of this "PITA" green card.

Others, hope you tread better paths![/QUOTE]

long_innings said:
Okay, as expected, my Appeal was dismissed. What a waste of youth and life it has been these 5 years in pursuit of this "PITA" green card.

Long innings, sorry to hear that.... just wanted to know if you used Sheila danzig's educational evaluation to support ur case.

Sorry

long_innings said:

Hey buddy,
That's a very bad news. I was hoping that somehow they will approve this. Howver as you said its time for everyone else to start think about alternate path. I guess its a dead end.
This is my second attempt at this, and third one is on the way (my third labor is in RIR over one year). However now I don't want to spend my energy and money on this.. I am fine as long as can work.. any idea's guys

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Originally Posted by bunny01
just wanted to know if you used Sheila danzig's educational evaluation to support ur case.

bunny01 - No, I did not. I have heard that her evaluations are typically useful for folks w/ 3 year degrees. In my case, I have 6 years of formal college education, 4 years of Chemical Engineering and 2 years of Masters in Management Studies. Unfortunately, it was more a case of USCIS having an issue w/ my degree(s) not matching w/ my line of work which is IT.

Yes, I am now taking the PERM route and all that but I no longer have the same energy after having spent 5 years in this rut. As Kuku aptly said, I am basically going through the motions while applying the 2nd time so I can keep working.

Good luck to the others!

Hi long_innings,

Good luck in your PERM route. Every nightmare has to end one day.

I would like to understand the issue. In your Labour ETA-750A (requirement), Is it says Bachelor degree in Computer Science? Or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree in Engineering or Math.

If it's the first case, then it's mistake of your attorney and employer. If it's a second case then it's NSC mistake.

290B Bonus Time

Guys and Gals,

Anyone know how much time it takes for 290B (3yr Edu RFE) ? Is it one month , two monts, or year? Anyways its going to get denied so want to know how much time I have?

Happy Valentines day to all of you!

Take care
Bye
Kuku

Hi Kukuchaku,

Didn't quite understand your Question but from what i infer, as long as you did not use the EAD or AP but were on H1b, u r good. i.e. when u apply ur next GC again, u can get H1 extn...

But if u have used the EAD or AP, automatically ur H1 stands invalid and if ur 290B gets denied, that means, ur EAD, AP stand cancelled as well. Not really sure, if u can have any bonus time thereafter...

anyway, pls check with a good attorney...

Guys,

Just got an email from Service center:

"On February 13, 2006, this case was transferred to our Administrative Appeals Office for review. That office will notify you of any further action taken on this case"

This changed only for my I-140 but I-290b did not change.

Any insight guys? I know that going to AAO is a death blow but still have that .0001% hope although i started another New case to get my status going...

bunny01 said:
Hi Kukuchaku,

Didn't quite understand your Question but from what i infer, as long as you did not use the EAD or AP but were on H1b, u r good. i.e. when u apply ur next GC again, u can get H1 extn...

But if u have used the EAD or AP, automatically ur H1 stands invalid and if ur 290B gets denied, that means, ur EAD, AP stand cancelled as well. Not really sure, if u can have any bonus time thereafter...

anyway, pls check with a good attorney...

Bunny01.

I maxed out on my h1 (6Yrs) and working only on EAD. So what I meant was if my 290b and I140 is in AAO till then I have bonus time. If it comes back from AAO with denial I guess that is a dead end then.

thanks for your reply.
Kuku

HOT - 3 Year Degree successful in I-140

After I-140 denial in NSC/TSC and AAU on his education issue.

Any one reapplied I-140 in EB3 in different Service center with using different labor?

Any successful stories from other service center reapply?

Please share the experiences. Thanks in advance.

Bunny01:

I had the same message for my I-140 on Jan. 19. Didn't check the message of I-290B at that time. But I did receive mail notices from CIS which states that both my I-140 and I-290B have been transferred to AAO. I think you or your lawyer will receive those in mail soon.

On Feb. 3, both messages changed again to something like "We have received this case here for processing. It takes 30 to 180 days to process this kind of case..." I guess that's AAO tried to tell me that they have received the case. You might see that soon as well.

Good luck to you. :)

snowyday

Hello kukuchaku

Hello Kukuchaku, Sounds ok to me. I got a denial and I remember reading this in my denial notice. Yes it indeed said that if its given in ETA750 combination is accepted they will allow it. So I think your I-140 will get approved. Let me know if you want exact denial notice words.. I can email or fax it to you..

Please fax (+626 605 2243) or email me at "njguy2u@yahoo.com". Once agian thanks for your advice. waiting for your email/fax.

Hello Kukuchaku

As you know I got RFEon my I140. Two days back my attorney replied back. Today I got LUD messages too. What do you think will they approve my case?same time do not forget email or fax me your exact denial copy. waiting for it.

I faxed this document before. I guess you did not received it. I will fax it again today.

Gc Pain said:
Please fax (+626 605 2243) or email me at "njguy2u@yahoo.com". Once agian thanks for your advice. waiting for your email/fax.

A0001 said:
After I-140 denial in NSC/TSC and AAU on his education issue.

Any one reapplied I-140 in EB3 in different Service center with using different labor?

Any successful stories from other service center reapply?

Please share the experiences. Thanks in advance.

HI A0001

I heard from other people that same 3 yr degree is no problem in other states. Its only problem with nebraska. Even some lawyers used that evidence to say that the same degree was accepted at other centres, However other than reading the posts I don't have any evidence.. or don't know anyone..

Its good to know though..

Thanks
Kuku