PD - Jul 5th 2002
140/485/EAD/AP ND : 12/22/2004
FP1 : 03/05/2005
EAD/AP AD: 03/25/2005
FP2 : 04/23/2005 (Code 2)
140 AD: 06/13/2005
485 : ???

EB-3 Retro

We applied for EAD extension ... and so came with it Biometrics Code 2 which we did last week.

Today I got a notice (in the mail) for Biometrics Code 2 again .. this time for 485.. the code is same -- 2 ..

EB3 retro

Got biometric code 2 appointment on August 1st week.

EB3-RIR-India

PD:september 2002
I485 RD March 2004

Same here .... got biometrics for Aug 1st week.

EB3 / PD: Aug 2002.

I see a few folks with PD in early 2003 also get their biometric notices.
Am not sure if this really means they are looking at our cases or is it just another automated BS.
I don't believe they are ready to adjudicate 2003 cases just yet ... we'd be lucky if the PD cutoff moves up a month or two !!

Lets wait and see

Same here .... got biometrics for Aug 1st for whole family.
I think, it's comletely automated process like FP schedule.

I have already given bio-metrics on May 26th 2005, But no updates on the case status, Not even the case status changed to recieved finger prints.

PD - 03/27/2003(EB3-india)
I-140/485/EAD- 12/27/2004
first FP - 2/05/2005
140 AP - 05/13/2005
Bimetric-code2 - 05/25/2005
485 - no change in status

Code2 and Code3

Can anyone tell the difference between Code2 biometrics and Code3 biometrics?

code

amani said:
Can anyone tell the difference between Code2 biometrics and Code3 biometrics?

Code 1 : 10 finger print
Code 2 : Index finger Print + digital picture
Code 3 : 10 finger Print + digital picture

Nadi said:
To add to that, I think they capture your digital signature as well in Code 2 and 3.
I could be mistaken, though :)

Nadi said:

Right, But what diff. does it make if someone gets Code 3 Or Code 2 in terms of 485 Processing.

I did my FP (Whole Family) on june 5 no update of 485 , no idea what's going whether it reached them or not. Any idea guys.

Mine is scheduled for Aug 2nd. Does anybody know whether this is a standard procedure? It seems odd that they have to do this in 3 steps..

PD JAN-04 [EB3].. got biometric notice

Hi All,
My priority date is Jan-04 ...in EB3... got biometrroc(code2)...
I got my fingerprints done in Dec-04.

Any reason why they are sending it to me .. i think my case will be picked up only if EB3 dates comes to Jan-04... is that just for paperwork that NSC is getting the bio :confused:

Any ideas .. anyone with 04 PD ?

-MM
:cool:

whats the importance of this Biometrics ??

Hi All,
I am just curious to know that what is the big deal about this biometrics ?? My priority date is April 2004, I already have two EAD approvals and one fingerprints (last year) and I have not received any information about this Biometrics thing, either from USCIS or from my Lawyer. So I am not sure what you guys are talking about. Is it the invitation given by only USCIS or we ourself ask for it ? If its only on invitation basis then does it mean for those people who got the invitation that their application processes are gaining some momentum while ours are still stationary ??
Any help ? Idea or suggestion ??

Biometrics.

akanshauxa said:
If its only on invitation basis then does it mean for those people who got the invitation that their application processes are gaining some momentum while ours are still stationary ??
Any help ? Idea or suggestion ??

Rules change fast @ NSC .. Now a days if you apply for EAD .. U need to shedule a Biometrics with the ASC Urself... Now this is different .. this is only for EAD ... NSC sends U a Notice to appear at ASC with date and time -- this may be for 485.. They have quashed the old system of FP and every one has to do it all over it again .. They will take Ur picture this time ...

Nothing to be excited about if you get one notice for it ... nothing to worry about if U do not get one ... for eventually U will get one... Now a days its all the notices for already approved 140 guys ... so looks like they are planning for new 485 retro approvals after Oct 2005 ... NSC must be just ensuring to keep the application completed. But this does not mean that an officer is going thru Ur 485 application and sending the notices ... They must have said to IT guy to wirte a simple query --

Select LIN_number from app_485 where 140='Approved' and BioMetrics='false'

The selected Lin_number goes to Print the Notices ...

Ha ha I am guessing all this ... just for some fun.

Last edited by a moderator: