Tracker:485 Approvals after Retrogression:Oct to Dec 2005

Congrats!!

Congrats SuryaGC. Did you ever call to check how name check is going in your case.

Thanks,
DK :)

dkverma said:
Congrats SuryaGC. Did you ever call to check how name check is going in your case.

Thanks,
DK :)
I did try to enquire about my name chack after my March LUD. But the officer was so not in mood, he shot my questions down. After that I did not want to call up because the processing date (in USCIS site) did not match my RD. I am not sure how much power the officers (answering our calls) have and whether they could hold any case down on purpose. So I just left it at that. I really do not think that they will do something like that. Even if any one calls up, they have to be very polite and to the point.

Name Check

I had also called once but the representative just read the information posted on USCIS website. I saw LUD change on the day I had called to enquire about name check. It may be just coincidence but I am wondering if calling them results in LUD change.

What is 'Name Check' exactly ?

Can some one please tell me what exactly is done under 'name check' process ? Why does this process takes such a long time ?

Approved Finally

Hello All,

I got the magic emails today that both spouse and my 485 has been approved. For both 140 and 485 I never got any message update except that they have received my applications and it will take ..... to process. I was scared that it might have stuck in name check or something like that since my status never changed and also I had a very less LUD's.

This forum is great and have learnt lot from it. Finally I can have a good night sleep tonight.

My details are in the signature below.

Good Luck to all of you who are still waiting out there. Hang in there.

Cheers,
Giri.

I Got mine! - Thanks

I got mine! :) :)

Just wanted to convey my sincerest thanks to this forum for answering innumerable number of questions I had regarding the Greencard process.
Whatever question was popping up in my mind, there was an answer already available. Thanks for your great efforts and participation.

On 12th I have received approval email from CIS saying that my 485 has been approved.

Here are the details of my application:

Vermont Processing Center

PD: 12/1999
Labor substitution case
Rcpt Date: 11/2004
RFE: Photographs (Looks like CIS like walgreens' compared to picture people's)
Approval: 6/2006.

approval

hi everyone,
i just got email for for 485 approval.i hv been visiting this website for last 6 yrs.thanks everyone for your support and good luck to those still waiting.
ajay
PD DEC2000
EB3

Congratualtions to all who got their 485 approvals!!!

can you provide some more details about your 485 RD? Also any information about name check when it was completed etc?

ajay0163 said:
hi everyone,
i just got email for for 485 approval.i hv been visiting this website for last 6 yrs.thanks everyone for your support and good luck to those still waiting.
ajay
PD DEC2000
EB3

Hi

supply_demand said:
can you provide some more details about your 485 RD? Also any information about name check when it was completed etc?
hi everyone,
EB3,PD2000
RD Nov04

Advance Parole

Friends

Can Someone apply advance parole with I-485 . how long it takes for advance parole to approve . I think its valid for a year. please help

Your Thoughts please

Hi,

I see 2 postings of I485 Approval. I got my I-485 LUD change end of last week but there is no update in the original message. Can someone help me figure out what that could be by directing me to any USCIS phone#s to call or by sharing your own experiences?

Appreciate your response.

Vermont service center I485 processing date

Why there's no information about this in the website?
California and Nebraska has those informations and they are processing Nov. 2005. -_-;;
Today, I called to INS and asked about this and the lady who got the phone offered me to send service request to me.(which I don't exactly understand what it is..) She said that she's sending this request to the local office who is handling my case and they will send me the update for my status.
Do you think it will be helpful?
I kept asking her that it will not interfere my current process and she confirmed that..
Well.. Is there anybody who knows what it is and how it works and current Vermont processing date?
Let me know!
Thanks!

Retrogression Starting Date !!

Hey,

Does anyboday has idea when Retrogression started?
Is it Jan 1, 2005 or Oct 1, 2005.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Hari

sriharibe said:
Hey,

Does anyboday has idea when Retrogression started?
Is it Jan 1, 2005 or Oct 1, 2005.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Hari

Jan 1st 2005 for just EB3,
then again on Oct 1st for all EB1,2,3

Sbhsr,

Thanks for your reply
I have a quick question based on your info..I applied 485 along with my wife under EB3 category in Apr' 2005 eventhough my PD is May 2004.
Howcome USCIS accepted my application because I should not apply after Jan 1, 2005.

We gave our bio-metrics(Finger printing) 1 year ago and got EAD and AP 2 times so far.

I am in confused stage..Please let me know.

Thanks Sbhsr.,
--Hari

sbhsr said:
Jan 1st 2005 for just EB3,
then again on Oct 1st for all EB1,2,3

sriharibe said:
Sbhsr,

Thanks for your reply
I have a quick question based on your info..I applied 485 along with my wife under EB3 category in Apr' 2005 eventhough my PD is May 2004.
Howcome USCIS accepted my application because I should not apply after Jan 1, 2005.

We gave our bio-metrics(Finger printing) 1 year ago and got EAD and AP 2 times so far.

I am in confused stage..Please let me know.

Thanks Sbhsr.,
--Hari

i saw the visa bulliten for april 2005 and the date there was 01MAR02 for eb3, so i guess you got lucky but they will not process your file till your PD becomes current.

the WORST case could be they could reject your I 485 application citing nonavailability of visa numbers, and you have to request to reopen or apply for a new 485 (which i doubt in your case as you already got EAD 2 times) when your PD becomes current.

I-485 EB1 pending scince 2004

Hello every one!
Can any one post pending EB1 NON RIR 485 cases scince 2004.
My case is pending scince oct 2004, i am wondering if any body else on the same boat.
thanks a lot.

Hello Friends

There will be no good news as far as Retrogession is conerned.

Retrogression Expected to Get Worse Before It Gets Better
As recently as December 2004, all employment-based (EB) categories for permanent residence were "current". That is, there were no backlogs.
That all started to change in January 2005 when the EB-3 category (professionals and skilled workers) backlogged three years. These backlogs are referred to as the "retrogression".

The retrogression has gradually gotten worse during the past 21 months. The October 2006 State Department Visa Bulletin reveals that the EB-3 category has now retrogressed almost 4 1/2 years. The backlogs are even greater for persons born in India and Mexico. Even the EB-2 category for advanced-degreed professionals has backlogged for persons born in India and China.

In the absence of congressional action, the retrogression will get worse, probably a lot worse, before it gets better. Why?
In May 2005, President Bush, recognizing the tremendous shortage of nurses and therapists, signed a bill which "recaptured" 50,000 immigrant visas for Schedule A professionals, primarily registered nurses, physical therapists and their family members. By the end of this month, all 50,000 visas will be used up. What will happen to RNs and PTs who are still in line for green cards and those who will apply for permanent residence in the future? They will be added to the EB-3 backlog which will result in increased waiting times, perhaps to five years or more.

The total number of persons who are permitted to obtain permanent residence each year in the employment-based categories is only 140,000. Adding another 30,000 - 50,000 to the current backlogs will certainly make the retrogression more severe.

Even more problematic are the 300,000+ applications for labor certification currently pending in the Labor Department's (DOL's) Backlog Elimination Centers. DOL has pledged to take action on each of these applications within the next 18 months. Even if only 200,000 of these applications are ultimately approved, if 50% of the applicants have a spouse and one child, the number of green cards needed to accommodate them would total 300,000. This is more than double the annual cap on EB green cards. Therefore, this has the potential to make the EB-2 and EB-3 numbers regress another two years.

Finally, present laws contain hard per-country caps. This means that countries like India and China which have populations of over one billion persons each have exactly the same quotas as Monaco and Mauritius, two tiny countries which supply the U.S. with virtually no immigrants. Given that most H-1B professionals are born in India and China, the per-country quotas will exaggerate the retrogression for persons born in these countries.

If high-skilled immigrants could only come to U.S. or remain in their own countries, our country could afford to continue this backward, "Let them eat Chicken McNuggets!" approach. But various European countries, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the Persian Gulf countries are all competing for these talented individuals. Even Germany, the great bastion for engineers is seeing the number of German students studying engineering fall precipitously.

It is in our national interest to make our country the principal destination for computer professionals and scientists, for nurses, teachers and therapists, and for businessmen and physicians from all over the world.

The Senate immigration bill (S.2611) would have greatly expanded both the outdated employment and family-based immigration systems and eased the per-country limitations. Unfortunately, House Republicans, worried that they might lose their majority in the mid-term elections, refused to negotiate a compromise bill with the Senate.

Perhaps, in the "lame duck" session of Congress which will occur after the November elections, reason will prevail and Congress will pass amendments to fix our legal immigration system.

No Matter What ever you do this House Rep are not going to make anything come our way and trust me if we won't speak together they won't even bother to make any efforts.

So please do write to all the Senate and House Reps and please do Gandhigiri with them as according to Munna Bhai these House Reps are BIMAAR

Best Regards

Saburi