Tracker:485 Approvals after Retrogression:Oct to Dec 2005

#61
Received this Murthy Bulletin: VOL. XII, no. 10; March 2006

1. Vermont Service Center : February 2006 Update

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) Adjudications Manager, Keith Canney, spoke at a Washington DC Chapter meeting of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) at the end of February 2006. All of the attorneys from the Murthy Law Firm attended this important VSC meeting. Following are some insights provided by Mr. Canney regarding VSC operations and current policies that we believe will prove beneficial to MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers.

VSC Case Backlog Reduction

The VSC, along with the other Service Centers, is completing a four-year effort to reduce their case backlogs. Their goal, ultimately, is to be able to process a case within six months of the filing date, in most instances. They have largely met this goal, as can be seen by current processing times. This is a remarkable improvement. As long-time readers of MurthyDotCom and the MurthyBulletin will recall, case processing times previously exceeded a year or more for certain types of cases.

Since many of the processing time goals have been met, some of the additional staff used for this purpose have been detailed or sent to the local offices. The VSC will review processing times to determine whether these individuals need to be recalled to the VSC to help in the future.

I-485 "Take Backs"

The VSC has taken back a significant number of I-485 Adjustment of Status cases from local USCIS offices. Mr. Canney specifically mentioned 11,000 cases from New York City and 7,000 from Washington D.C. These are cases that were sent to the local office for personal interviews. The VSC is going to review them with an eye toward the possibility of waiving the personal interviews. Those who cannot have the interviews waived will be returned to the local offices to schedule the interviews. An earlier report on this matter can be found in our December 2, 2005 MurthyBulletin article, USCIS at NY and Washington DC Sends I-485s Back to VSC, available on MurthyDotCom.

Service Centers to Allocate and Work on Specific Types of Cases

The USCIS has plans to make some significant changes in the way that cases are processed in the future. Not much detail was provided, but they indicated that they will move toward sharing a national workload system based on the types of forms. That is, certain forms will be handled by the Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center, while other types of forms will go to the Service Centers in California and Vermont. This should improve efficiency in terms of managing the cap counts and specializing in limited types of cases.

Move towards True Electronic Filing

There is also a plan to shift from the transactional, case-by-case approach, with efforts to have cases filed and adjudicated electronically. Important in this endeavor is a proposal to set up employer accounts, so that documentary information does not have to be sent with each case. Our January 13, 2006 article, USCIS Proposal Expansion of eFilings for all H1Bs (available on MurthyDotCom) describes this in the H1B context.

I-485s that Become Current

Many MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers have I-485s pending and priority dates that are not current. With the monthly issuance of the U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin (always available on our website), however, one can track whether a priority date is current. In order to locate those cases with priority dates that have become current, the VSC conducts sweeps of its I-485 files. Readers should keep in mind that, just because a date has become current, it does not mean necessarily that a decision will be issued immediately. The VSC noted that, in some instances, fingerprinting will be required again due to the ages of the cases. They will move cases as quickly as possible, but there still can be delays due to name checks.
 

cdian

Registered Users (C)
#65
Priority Dates for 485

Hello all,

On Sept 30 2005 , the I 485 filing was current ,
Any applications received after this date went to retrogession

from OCT 1 2005 the priortiy dates went back to 2001 something, so the applications filed in EB2 before this date is suppose to be current ,

so now USCIS is processing cases where the priority date is feb 15 2002 ,
so can anyone explain the cases filed before( ND )1 oct 2005 under EB2 has to wait till the Priority date become Sept 2005.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance
 

WorryForGC

Registered Users (C)
#66
you bet, otherwise everyone in this forum would be approved!@#$%

cdian said:
Hello all,

On Sept 30 2005 , the I 485 filing was current ,
Any applications received after this date went to retrogession

from OCT 1 2005 the priortiy dates went back to 2001 something, so the applications filed in EB2 before this date is suppose to be current ,

so now USCIS is processing cases where the priority date is feb 15 2002 ,
so can anyone explain the cases filed before( ND )1 oct 2005 under EB2 has to wait till the Priority date become Sept 2005.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance
 

pritamr

Registered Users (C)
#67
I485 approved.

Hi Guys,

Just got that magic email from USCIS. I485 & EAD both approved!!!!!

Got following 2 emails for EAD.

---email 1---
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
--------------

---email 2---
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On March 22, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.
---------------

Also got following email for my I485.
-------------------
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
------------------

I am really really happy. I was not expecting that both the applications will get approved together.
 

BunnyGC

Registered Users (C)
#68
Congratulations

Hi Pritamr,

Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom.

Could you please post the EB details, EB2 or EB3.
which congressman you contacted for NameCheck status.
Could you please provide the details.

Thanks
BunnyGC
 

WorryForGC

Registered Users (C)
#69
congrats!!!!!! , no LUD before approval?, what is the PD,Eb3?

thankfully at least someone got approved from this VSC black box
pritamr said:
Hi Guys,

Just got that magic email from USCIS. I485 & EAD both approved!!!!!

Got following 2 emails for EAD.

---email 1---
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
--------------

---email 2---
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On March 22, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.
---------------

Also got following email for my I485.
-------------------
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
------------------

I am really really happy. I was not expecting that both the applications will get approved together.
 

pritamr

Registered Users (C)
#71
Eb3 Vsc

My case is EB3 labor substitution and PD was 4/2000.

I never contacted anybody for namecheck. I am not even aware of what a namecheck is.
 

pritamr

Registered Users (C)
#74
Got approval notice for 485

I got my approval notice for I485 today in mail.

Also status changed on I485 to following:
----------------------
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 24, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.
-----------------------
 

Amagilaj

Registered Users (C)
#75
Question to Pritamr

pritamr said:
Hi Guys,

Just got that magic email from USCIS. I485 & EAD both approved!!!!!

Got following 2 emails for EAD.

---email 1---
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
--------------

---email 2---
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On March 22, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.
---------------

Also got following email for my I485.
-------------------
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
------------------

I am really really happy. I was not expecting that both the applications will get approved together.

I Pritamr,

Congratulations on your end of immigration journey.
If you do not mind, can you please answer the following question ?

Yours is a labor sub. case right ?
When have you started working for the new/ GC sponsering employer ?
I mean, right from beginning of filing I-140/I-485 ?
OR, you changed later after I-140 approval OR Before I-485 ?
I would greatly apprecaite, if you can share your case details, as
requested above.

Mine is also a similar case to yours. But mine is EB2. My I-140 just got approved after six months. I am still with the old employer only. And I do not have plans to change to the new GC sponsering employer till I-485 approved !
Please you may comment on this.

Thanking in advance.

Amagilaj.
 

hellomass

Registered Users (C)
#76
1-485 question

Hi All,
Please look at the timeline below. My question is if one never worked for the company under which the labor and I140 was cleared does it automatically mean that there will be a compulsory interview?

Thanks.
_________________________________________________________________
Timeline:
PD: 01/98 with company A in Maryland
EB3/Skilled Worker/India
I140- Applied 05/02 VSC
I140- Approved 04/04 No RFE's
I485- Receipt date 04/04 EAC0415XXXXXX VSC
1st EAD approved 08/04
Started Working for company B 11/04 (AC21) in Massachussetts
FP-03/05
2nd EAD Approved 06/05
I485-RFE issued 01/20/2006 Paystubs and Job Letter.
I485-RFE received 02/07/2006
LUD: 02/07, 02/08, 02/09, 02/10, 02/27
 

WorryForGC

Registered Users (C)
#77
in general yes, but looks like with ac21 rfe only, what was the rfe may ans ur Q

looks like u got 2 diff rfe
hellomass said:
Hi All,
Please look at the timeline below. My question is if one never worked for the company under which the labor and I140 was cleared does it automatically mean that there will be a compulsory interview?

Thanks.
_________________________________________________________________
Timeline:
PD: 01/98 with company A in Maryland
EB3/Skilled Worker/India
I140- Applied 05/02 VSC
I140- Approved 04/04 No RFE's
I485- Receipt date 04/04 EAC0415XXXXXX VSC
1st EAD approved 08/04
Started Working for company B 11/04 (AC21) in Massachussetts
FP-03/05
2nd EAD Approved 06/05
I485-RFE issued 01/20/2006 Paystubs and Job Letter.
I485-RFE received 02/07/2006
LUD: 02/07, 02/08, 02/09, 02/10, 02/27
 
Last edited by a moderator:

hellomass

Registered Users (C)
#78
Thanks Worryfree

I only got 1 RFE and that was for last 3 month paystubs and a letter from the company with intent to employ me forever. My attorney just told me he never sent in the AC21 letter in november as "it is not required". I am scared to death now. The only indication of my changed job would be the paystubs and the company letter.
Thanks for your input.
_________________________________________________
Timeline:
PD: 01/98 with company A in Maryland
EB3/Skilled Worker/India
I140- Applied 05/02 VSC
I140- Approved 04/04 No RFE's
I485- Receipt date 04/04 EAC0415XXXXXX VSC
1st EAD approved 08/04
Started Working for company B 11/04 (AC21) in Massachussetts
FP-03/05
2nd EAD Approved 06/05
I485-RFE issued 01/20/2006 Paystubs and Job Letter.
I485-RFE received 02/07/2006
LUD: 02/07, 02/08, 02/09, 02/10, 02/27
 

pritamr

Registered Users (C)
#79
140/485

Amagilaj,

I was working with GC sponsering empoyer when I filed for 140/485. I worked till 140 got approved and then joined another employer using EAD.
 
Top