Track Your Plastic card.

Card ordered 11/9

AVM approval message changed to card ordered on November 9th.

(Timeline: Approved 9/7, passport stamped 9/17 in Providence, Rhode Island).

I\'ll post again when I receive the card.

Plastic Card - Timeline

Greetings everybody

I did my passport stamping on Nov 2, 2001 at INS office in Seattle, WA. I had applied the 485 at VSC. The officer who did the I-551 stamping said \'your card will arrive in 10-12 months\'. Many recent posts indicate it normally takes 2-3 months to get the card at VSC. Did the officer indicate the actual time to get the card or is he just giving a standard reply. I also saw many posts where people are waiting for more than an year. What is the scoop?

Rajesh

No Title

For me also message says "Card ordered on 11/6...."

Will let you know guys when receive actual card..

All the best.

I485 to PP

How do I find out when I will get my PP . I have my FP on 23rd Nov. My I485 was filed on June 22nd.
-VC

Delay of Plastic Green Card Production

The following was published on the http://www.Immigration-law.com website under breaking news

Updated 10/17/01: Delay of Plastic Green Card Production

Currently, all the green card production requests are processed by the NSC. Even though the NSC is somewhat equipped to produce the plastic cards, it currently focuses on border crossing cards and EAD cards. For the green cards, the NSC scans the pictures and required form to a card production facility in the East Coast and NSC does not print the plastic card itself, at least for now. However, the card production facility in the East Coast is currently experiencing a backlog, causing delays in issuance of the plastic green card. People need patience.

AILA VERMONT SERVICE CENTER LIAISON MEETING QA

You can find this @ http://www.shihab.net/flash/vcclin.htm

36. In Boston, the AILA chapter and the District Office use a problem case inquiry form. Sometimes in answer to the inquiry, Boston will respond that the file was sent to Vermont (for green card production) and the case was probably approved. However, no approval notice is generated. Boston will not issue one because it no longer has the file. Members then write to the green card production unit in Vermont to find out the status of the case and whether it was in fact approved. Boston is reluctant to pull the file back to issue the approval. The VSC does not respond. This is very frustrating; if the client finally gets a green card in the mail, all is well, but if not, how can we follow up?

ANSWER: Files come to the VSC from the District Offices in a variety of forms for I-551 production. We receive I-90\'s, I-181\'s and CR-89\'s. These are combined with directly filed I-765\'s to form a card production workload of over 600,000 per year. The follow-up method for each of these is identical regardless of the form type or who actually adjudicated the form. You may correspond in writing or call the public line and the Information Officer receiving your inquiry will look in the system. If they cannot provide a proper response based on the information in front of them, they refer the case to our specially designated team dedicated to resolving all card issues including EAD\'s. This team handles a variety of issues including data discrepancies, "stuck" cards, picture issues and more. We work hard to correct all errors as we know how important these documents are to all the applicants. It disturbs us to hear that you indicate that the "The VSC does not respond." and we would be very interested evidence of that lack of response. We would like to know if you are claiming that it is pervasive or just related to a specific form type. As we intend to respond to every inquiry and correct every error, we need more information.

No Title

got plastic cards today... ~10 weeks after stamping (Pitt, Sep 06 -> Nov 20)

AVM still is not updated

Plastic card received

passport stamped 8/03/2001 Garden City
Card received 11/20/2001

best regards to everyone

Approved Oct 11, Stamped Oct 24, 2001 - Waiting

Case Approved(when) : Oct 11,2001.
PP Stamped(when and where) : Oct 24,2001 at Newark, NJ (VSC)
Plastic Card (when) : waiting.

Card ordered on 11/09/01, still waiting

case detail;
ND 11/27/00
FP 03/08/01
AD 09/19/01
PP 09/28/01 @NYC
card ordered on 11/09 via AVM, not yet received the card..

No Title

olmony,

Howlong did it take to receive the card after the message changed to cards has been ordered? Thanks.

Plastic card

Hi deejjjaaaa,

it would be a great help if you please let me know the kind of
envelop your cards came in. Was it a plain envelop ? Did it have
INS mark on it? Was there any \'do not forward\' sticker?

I too am waiting for plastic card after passport stamping.
I have moved to a new address but happen to know also personally
the person who is living in my erlier apartment now. I don\'t know
if I should opt for
1) telling INS for a change of address
2) tellinng post office about the change of address
3) do nothing and hope that this person will let me know if
he recieves the cards.

No Title

How long does it take , after AVM message is changed to cards ordered ???

Please some one share the info.