Track Rd--january 2002 Progress

munnabhai02

Registered Users (C)
PLEASE FURNISH INFORMATION FOR RD--JANUARY 2002 FILERS.

LABOR APPROVED FEBRUARY 2001
I-140 FILED IN APRIL 2001
RFE FOR I-140 RECEIVED IN AUGUST 2001
I-140 APPROVED IN DECEMBER 2001

FOR I-485--------------
PD- SEPTEMBER 2000
RD- JANUARY 18TH, 2002
ND- FEBRUARY 1ST, 2002
AP- JULY 2002, NOT RENEWED SO FAR
EAD- FEBRUARY 2002, RENEWED JANUARY 2003
FP- JUNE 2002, NO RENEWAL NEWS SO FAR
EAC- 02-100-5****
EB3- IND-VIRGINIA
APPROVAL- ????

PLEASE USE THE SAME FORMAT TO TRACK THE PROGRESS OF JAN 2002 FILERS, INCASE SOMEONE IS IN A BETTER POSITION THAN THIS.
THIS WOULD ALSO HELP THE JAN 2002 FILERS TO KEEP A RECORD OF PROGRESS, SINCE DHS TAKES OVER OUR CASES IN A COUPLE OF DAYS.
THANKS

The fact that the immigration section of the INS has become BCIS under DHS does not mean that the new bureau will start working on Jan 2002 cases immediately on Mar 01, 2003.

Or .. am I missing something here? :)

MunnaBhai

First Off all what ever you wrote in your first message is in Upper Case looks like you are haunting everyone in here.

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY . ITS NOT CLEAR AT ALL???(Sorry for using Upper Case).

Can you please explain why JAN'02 will start on 1 march. can you predict when APR'02 will start.. LOL

Munnabhai,

It is too early, Relax for two more months at least.
Not to disappoint you but look at the pace INS is going roght now.

Alright,
Here comes the lower case first of all.
Secondly I do know that Jan cases are not starting March 1st 2003, when Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec cases are still pending.
And also I do not and cannot predict anything. All Iam interested at the moment is to see if any jan filer has achieved more than what I have or is in a more worse situation, like for eg, EAD approvals, FP dates, etc, with respect to their Priority dates.
And also would also like to observe the working pattern between INS/DHS, incase these are two different operators.
Thanks

I am confusing totally.

I understood the following from their site .

DHS and INS both are same .When we rsent the our documents for immigration purpose we have refer them as DHS,while we apply for citizenship we have to refer them as INS.

correct me if i am wrong.

INS is not the same as DHS

DHS is the new department that has many deparments/directorates/bureaus in it, not just immigration.

What you know as INS today has two functions: enforcement (border security) and services. The INS will be gone by Feb 28, 2003. It will become two entities under DHS: the services part will become the "Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services" (BCIS), and the enforcement part will transition into the "Directorate of Border and Transportation Security" (BTS). However, the BTS itself is a merge of several organizations, including the U.S Customs Service.

So .. NO, INS is NOT the same as DHS.
From March 01, 2003 all immigration benefits will be handled by BCIS. The new web site will be www.immigration.gov (at this time it still points to the current INS' web site).

Go to www.dhs.gov for more info.

Hi,
I am new to this ... I hope someone can tell me if this is the right place to post these questions and may be address my question.
1) We (family & I) filed i-485 in January 2002.
2) Did FP in 6/4/2002.
Had to renew my EAD and AP (got both approved in 2/2003).
My wife did not renew her AP but filed to renew her EAD 2 weeks ago.
We are hoping to receive our green cards before 6/2003 as we are planning on a vacation outside the country. Anybody knows when should we expect to receive the approval? I am not sure of the INS pace and thus couldn’t tell. However, if not by May, I will need to file AP for my wife and kids.
Please help with your insights..
Thanks,,,

RD- January 29, 2002

PD- December 26, 2001
RD- January 29, 2002
ND- February 11, 2002
AP- none
EAD- November 2002
FP- April 14, 2002
EAC- 02-108-5****
EB2-Germany-CT
APPROVAL- ????

To ThanksAgain:
I hope we will see our cases approved by May. I was hoping for March, but this is now very unrealistic. So it looks like April or May.

Helge

Helge ,

U and me have the same RD ,01/29/02 ..

Will keep u posted for any updates on my end hope the same form you.

My realistic expectation is June /03 for 01/02 Rd's

JAN RD

RD: 1/23/02
ND: 2/?/02
FP: 5/23/02
EAD renew: 2/?/03
eac: 02102xx-xxx
AD:

Last edited by a moderator: