Track PIO Card

seattleN400

Registered Users (C)
I applied for the PIO card on Dec 26 2007. The normal processing time is 3-4 weeks. I'm wondering if anyone applied for the PIO card during that time received it yet.

SeattleN400,
Have you received you PIO card yet? I am planning to apply since it takes less time than OCI.
They ask for supporting document for permenet address in India , Notarized.. how did you mannage that?
thx

SeattleN400,
Have you received you PIO card yet? I am planning to apply since it takes less time than OCI.
They ask for supporting document for permenet address in India , Notarized.. how did you mannage that?
thx

I applied PIO card for my son in person at Sanfranciso Embassy. I took orginal passports of myself and my son. They just see the orginals and said no need to notorized . Said will get in 2-3 weeks. I applied last week and waiting..:). Regarding permanent address in India, they did not asked me any questions. I just put my home address in India.. Probably they seen on my passport.
Hope this helps...

I suggested embassy personnel to update the website with " Any one apply in person , bring orginals and no need to notorise the documents . Otherwise wasting lot of money. I met my friend over there for same PIO card for his son, said he notorised the copies and paid 80$ for all documents.". The person at the counter, just smiled and said go and wait in other line and pay the fees.

One question

Seattle,
For the proof of residence you said they accepted the address inyour passport. So did you write "indian passport" under the column "Proof of residence" etc in line 14?

Can we use our birth certificate, instead? The reason I am asking is because the indian embassy put my US address in my passport when I went for renewal of my passport

I applied PIO card for my son in person at Sanfranciso Embassy. I took orginal passports of myself and my son. They just see the orginals and said no need to notorized . Said will get in 2-3 weeks. I applied last week and waiting..:). Regarding permanent address in India, they did not asked me any questions. I just put my home address in India.. Probably they seen on my passport.
Hope this helps...
QUOTE]

Shankar,
It certainly help. Thanks for taking time to reply. My issue is my passport does not reflect my "current permanent address" in India. Hence wondering if i have to submit someother document to support my current address and if that document needs to be notarized. For one i dont have any other document to support my current address. Hence the confusion

PIO tracking

Hello seattleN400,

Did you receive your PIO card?

We have applied PIO for our daughter on 25th Jan and has not received yet. Has anyone else applied during that time? Is there any way to track the PIO process? I tried calling SFO embassy, but it goes to automatic voice.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Received PIO card

We received our daughter's PIO card today.
Applied on: 01/25/08
Received on:02/27/08
Consulate: SFO

All the best to you all.
:D

I've applied PIO for my son 2 weeks back. I'm not sure how to track the same whether they have acknowledged the application or not. Also I would like to know whether the documents and information I sent are correct or not. I tried calling couple of times, but it always go to automatic voice.

Is there a way I can track the PIO?

To my surprise I just received the PIO card for my son today. I sent through courier on 29th April and it was delivered on 1st May, 2008. Consulate has despatched the PIO card on 6th May and I recieved on 9th May.

So they took only 3 days for processing considering that 3rd and 4th May was weekend.

I really admire the quick action taken by Indian consulate.

To my surprise I just received the PIO card for my son today. I sent through courier on 29th April and it was delivered on 1st May, 2008. Consulate has despatched the PIO card on 6th May and I recieved on 9th May.

So they took only 3 days for processing considering that 3rd and 4th May was weekend.

I really admire the quick action taken by Indian consulate.

Thats awesome... Which consulate did you apply at?

I'm planning to apply for PIO too. Can Suntube70 and Binasammi please share your timeline? Anyone else in the same boat? If you can please share how long it takes for PIO at SFO, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :)

PIO is taking as less as 5 working days now....

Check the notice board at http://www.cgisf.org/.
Today, June 13, it says PIO applications rcvd at the counter on or before June 9 are ready for pickup. That's fast even by American Standards.
Seems they update the notice board only on Fridays.
Only if OCI was as fast, in which case, i would have applied directly for OCI and would have saved $100 each.
I checked the OCI application in India thread, and it seems when you apply there also, it takes around 3 months, so mailing from USA to India and back is not the bottleneck, its the whole system.
To me, when i am surrendering my passport and asking for an OCI, it should be as fast as a PIO, but then, Mera Bharat Mahaan hai, so no one knows what is so time taking.