Track MN local transfers - Please

BNReddy

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,
Me and my wife's case transfered to Bloomington, MN office. Let's keep track all the transfered cases so that it'll be helpful for everybody to know how long it taks and what documents should we provide etc. Please post your experiences here.

My case was transfered last night (02/05/2003). Here are my details.

LIN 020395xxxx
RD 10/16/2001
ND 11/18/2001
FP 12/27/2002
No RFEs

I have no clue why transfered my case to local INS office. I'm really getting nervous to deal with it.

So please friends, post your experiences so that I'll prepare for the interview. Any positive response is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

No last minute Changes or any changes at all. I have no idea why they transfered my application to local INS.

Why would they tranfer cases to local offices in the first place? Is there any criteria ? Or Is this some kind of RFE?? How long does this process take here al local office?

I heared from one of my friends, it took him 6 months to get approved at Bloomington, MN office. This scares me a lot. If anyone knows anything about MN local case please post here.

Sorry to hear that ...

My case was transfered to local office Bloomington, MN in the 2nd week of Jan,03.
I am not sure how long it will take to get our interviews
My details are :

RD : 06/??/01 (at VSC)
ND: 08/??/01
FP: 11/2?/01
changed job in 04/02

contacted local senator (sep,02 )
VSC told to senator office that they are waiting for A-file from some other INS office.
That other office concluded A-file is lost ( Nov,02 ) (must be shreded)

VSC transfered it to local office in Jan,03

Meantime had an argument with previous company's Lawyer,
and wondering if he can do any bad to my already spoiled case

Don't know what next !

Any comments !

Thanks

I talked to my lawyer about why my 485 transfered to local INS and she told me that, the time frame between I485 and my marriage is lessthan 6 months. One of couligues had the same situation. So I strongly believe that, this is the ONLY reason for my 485 transfer. It took my couligue 3 months to get the interview call/letter. I'm hoping it would be even less time since local INS is not processing any EADs and APs locally.

I'll keep you posted as my case progress further.

Hi toooolongwait ,

Did you hear anything from them yet? I mean dod you get any interview letter or something like that. If you do please let me know, because my case was transfered on Feb'05, 2003.

I called the number that was on the recipet, but the local INS office number is NOT working. Please let me know id you have a number for the Bloomington, MN INS office

I went to Bloomington office last week to find out the status of my case. They told me that they are going to review my application today (4/23/03). My case was transferred to this office on Feb'5th 2003. I dont know when will I recieve interview letter.
I'll keep posted as my case progress.

Please do the same if your case transfered to Bloomington, MN office. Thank you guys.

BNReddy, toooolongwait:
How did you come to know about the transfer? Did you receive a notice from NSC? I called last month and they told me that my case was transferred to Bloomington on 19 March '03. Still, no notice from NSC.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for long absence

Here are few updates on my case:

On 27th Mar got a FP notice, saying to apear for FP on 25th Apr, I went on 5th, Apr , FP were taken for me and my wife without any problem.

And I was waiting for interview letter very anxiously, last week i got a call from the senator office, she said , she was told by bloomington office that "Forget about this case for at least another six month"................I was shocked !

meantime ! my EAD is expiring in sep,03 and I am not sure where to file renewal , since mine was transferred form VSC.

Let me know if you guys have any questions/comments

Thanks

toooolongwait,
I am sorry to hear that it will be ~6 mos before they even look at your case. Since your case was transferred to Bloomington, I believe you should able to apply for your EAD/AP renewals at Bloomington. Do you have a lawyer? You probably should consult with your lawyer before you apply.

Hi Guys,
My case was transferred to Bloomington office on Feb 5th '03. I got a letter from Nebraska stating the same. It's been 3 months since its transfered. Then I got 2nd finger print notice eventhough I gave my finger prints in last december. I went to St.Paul office to give my finger prints. The office told me that I dont need finger prints because mine are valid till next year.

Coupld of weeks ago I went to Bloomington office to check the status of my case. They told me that they are going to review my case on April 23rd. I dint hear anything from them so far. I have NO IDEA whats going on. Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Please keep posting your updates on this thread, so that it'll be helpful for all of us.

Sorry to hear that toooolongwait.

RFE to the Employer

Hi everyone,

I'm a lurker here, but I'm very grateful to the postings here and for this site. My case has also been transferred to the Bloomington, MN BCIS Feb. 2003 from NSC. I did employ the AC21 in May 2002 (it's a buyout but my lawyer said that instead of proving it's the same company, it's easier to use AC21 instead)
Yesterday, it's weird that BCIS called my HR manager for a letter of employment, instead of going through my lawyer or sending me a notice. Is this an RFE? I'm not quite sure. My info are:

NP: 11/30/2001
FP: 5/2002

I did ask my Manager for the BCIS contact number so that I can call directly and get an update from time to time. He hasn't responded.

Thanks.
StillHaveFaith

Hmmmmm..........list is getting bigger for bloomington office transfers, I think we shoud start posting in " I-485 transfers to local offices" under "485 issues in Nebraska Service Center"
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=169

It will be more easier, because there will not be many postings there.

BNReddy, can you tell your experience about visiting office for status check........I mean .....did they let you go inside and ask some IIO.....just curious[\B]

Yes, They did let me go and WAIT FOR 7 LONG HOURS. I should have asked at the entry counter, but I waited so long for nothing. All that lady told me was they are going to review my case on April 23rd and they'll let me know or send an interview letter ( I dont know when??). THATS IT. I waited for info for 7 HOURS.

There is NOTHING MUCH we can do. Just wait and hope for the best. I believe they are taking 5-6 months to take an action on 485 case. If this is correct I have 2 (maybe 3) more months to go to hear from them.

In the mean time lets keep posted your experiences. Thanks.

485 tranferred to Bloomington

Case transferred on June 9, 2003. Any idea how long will it take there?

It took litle more than 4 months for me to get the interview letter.

Normally they 5 months to send out interview letters at bloomington office. So in your case you may hear something from them in Oct some time.

GOOD LUCK.

Approved

I am from NSEERS country but I was not subject for finger printing because my last entry the US was after 09/30/02 and I was also not registered at the border upon my last entry. I received RFE on both 485 and EAD applications regarding NSEERS registration. They requested for a copy of the arrival-departure record (I-94) that indicates NSEERS registration (Fingerprint Identification Number). In response to RFE my attorney sent a letter to cover all these detail and explained them why I am not subject for the registration. Then after following things happened:

485 case was transferred from NSC to local office (Bloomington, Minnesota) … June 03.
Second EAD applied in July 03 at local office and received it same day
Second finger printing was done in Oct. 03.
Interview call letter received in Nov 03.
Interview was done in Dec 03. Passport was also stamped at the time of interview.

Today I feel free … wish you best of luck.
:)