Track I-485 Approvals (After new Name Check 180 day rule)

Received "The Email"

First off, thanks a lot to each and every person here for making these forums a valuable tool in getting my questions answered and helping me pull through a 12 year ordeal (including the ups-and-downs during my multiple H1-B/EAD approvals).

I finally received the "Card Production Ordered" email from CRIS minutes ago. I am not sure if my NC is cleared or not - I'd appreciate your comments as to whether there is a way to find that out.

EB-2 / India / Nebraska / PD: November 20, 2002 / 485 RD: Jan 26, 2007.

Once again, thanks everyone. For those who are still waiting, just hang in there patiently and you'll be fine!

Good Luck!

-Abdallah

After long painfull 8 years i'm holding what they call Green Card in my hand. i asked my wife to make sure we are not dreaming. still can not belive. i decide to take long vecation and visit my family who i did not see since 8 years, i was affired to go back to visit and stuck in the big miss in my region, so i stuck here for 8 years. If i go back to 2001, i will not ever do it again. Every body from my heart i wish to get what ever you dream with. Hard skills worker like us should be treaded better than they did to me for 8 years. any way, life must go on, so be paient my brothers and sisters, and you will be fine. the following is brief sad story with happy ending.

Came to the US 2000 as H1:rolleyes:
LC. apply as NON-RIR in April 2001
change to RIR in FEb. 2003
lost my PD. in MArch 2003 :(
Fight to get my PD. back to April 2001
get my PD. back in Jun 2005
case close by erro FEb 2006 :mad:
case reopen after a merical in March 07-2006
LC approved in March 10 -2006 :eek:
Apply for I-140/I485 April 2006 :confused:
FB and Medical May 2006
I-140 Approved Aug 2006
2 EDA and I-131
STuck in the name check since May 2006 to April 2008 :mad:
wrote to 11 congressman and FBI, no body could help
Feb -08 i lost hope completely. Paried to Allah, and he all mighty and only him, helped me
Feb 2008, the pretty MEMO fot 180 days
Card recive April 2008
THE END
:D

Congratulations elassar2005!

Would you please share your details on following:
What Service Center was it ? Did you do anything to move USCIS on your case? Congressman? Phone calls, letters etc?

jefkorn- I recieved the magic e-mail - Current Status: Card production ordered. Service center was TSC. Last month I sent letters to Congressman, Senator, district director, First Lady and Ombudsman. If you have not done all of these please do so. I am sure you will get your GC soon.

Thanks for kind words!I have been doing that although most of my letters were before the memo. Ombudsman, Congressman,Senator, Director of NSC. I haven't received proper response from Ombudsman even after the 45 days from the letter sent to me (on Feb 21) acknowledging my complaint and apparently Ombudsman initiated formal inquiry with USCIS. Did you write letters making reference to NC memo?
jefkorn- I recieved the magic e-mail - Current Status: Card production ordered. Service center was TSC. Last month I sent letters to Congressman, Senator, district director, First Lady and Ombudsman. If you have not done all of these please do so. I am sure you will get your GC soon.

Yes, I clearly mentioned the memo and said there is no reason why my case should still be pending. Also, whenever possible I sent my letters by certified mail.

RE: Letters and phone calls to higher up(s)

To Jefkorn and Question 11,

How can the letters and phone calls to congressmen help anyone who's dates are not current. In my case though is over due, my PD being June 2003, long wait of almost 5 years is brutal. Do u think writing to them would help when I know that my PD is not current and will not be current for god knows how long.

Do u think they can do anything in my situation? Do you guys think I should write to them when I know they would respond, if they feel like, saying that I will have to wait till the dates become current. Please share ur experience.

Thanks a ton!!

Yes, I clearly mentioned the memo and said there is no reason why my case should still be pending. Also, whenever possible I sent my letters by certified mail.

In my opinion, when PD is not current, writing letters or phone calls won't help. Unless someone else had a different experience where it did.
Do you guys think I should write to them when I know they would respond, if they feel like, saying that I will have to wait till the dates become current.

Save that option

I think you should save all options of followup (like through Congressman) for the time when your PD becomes current, otherwise it will result in standard answer. Save your options and enquire when your PD is current for more than 30 days.

To Jefkorn and Question 11,

How can the letters and phone calls to congressmen help anyone who's dates are not current. In my case though is over due, my PD being June 2003, long wait of almost 5 years is brutal. Do u think writing to them would help when I know that my PD is not current and will not be current for god knows how long.

Do u think they can do anything in my situation? Do you guys think I should write to them when I know they would respond, if they feel like, saying that I will have to wait till the dates become current. Please share ur experience.

Thanks a ton!!

recieved approval letter from local office

i recieved the approval letter for my I-485 today, but it says that the actual card will be mailed in next few months.
any thoughts on how long it takes to get card if approved at local office; also i am not sure if i got approved cuzz of 180 day rule or something else, my case was pending name check from last 4 years and i tried all sources described in this site and my last letter was to the local office for case status, and they replied with approval.

thanks in advance and good luck to all members.

When will June 2003 be current? when will this happen, any ideas!!

Thanks Jefkorn and dude 4....

Do you guys think that in this current uncertain and volatile environment that USCIS has created for us, if my date becomes current, will it stay for more than 30 days? I highly doubted, wat should be the action plan if the dates become current. Please advice.

Regards,

I think you should save all options of followup (like through Congressman) for the time when your PD becomes current, otherwise it will result in standard answer. Save your options and enquire when your PD is current for more than 30 days.

dude40004 also got magic emails today :)

Dear Forum,

After long ordeal, finally I received magic emails today at 7 PM PST. I received "Card Production Ordered" email (No welcoming permanent resident email yet..I do not know if I am suppose to receive that or not). So it looks like my I-485 is approved because it says "Card Production ordered". My timelines/dates are listed below. It is a good news for old timers who are stuck at Nebraska. It seems like they are looking into these cases, so do not lose hopes. Plus May Visa bulletin is god , so you have full one good month ahead and I am sure that your processing will finish like mine, if you are those old PDs. Good Luck to All here.
I appreciate the community here. My only unsolicited advice will be that once your I-485 is filed, live like you already received the Greencard and do not wait for anything. I went ahead and bought house etc. / enrolled for Masters and started doing many things after my I-485 was filed. So don't wait for anything and enjoy everyday till your I-485 remains with USCIS. Believe me, it will come one day...but the time you spend waiting will never come back...so enjoy every moment. See Ya...

EB2 India PD Feb 2001 Substitute labor
I-140/I485 concurrently filed at California in June 2005
I-140 aproval - Sept. 2005
4 EADs/2 FPs meanwhile
was stuck in Namecheck for 28 months
NC cleared in Oct 2007 then they ran out of Visa
I485 Approval came today 04/29/2007 once PD became current in starting of April 2007.

Thanks and Good Luck to All :)

You can write a letter to Director of Service Center where your case is pending specifically asking to adjudicate your application when your date becomes current citing your NC status, Feb. 04 2008 memo and hardships that you may face if the application is not adjudicated.The dates published in the Visa bulletin are good for a month but USCIS doesn't adjudicate all cases fowr whom the PD becomes current. This is due to ineffeciency and lack of producivity on part of USCIS. Some have gone to court filing WOM when the date was current if they thought that it may not remain current for following months or retrogress badly. If you filed your WOM when the PD date was current, the court can order DOS to issue a visa number even when your dates retrogress later on. What's important is when you filed the Complaint with the court, your PD was current.

Thanks Jefkorn and dude 4....

Do you guys think that in this current uncertain and volatile environment that USCIS has created for us, if my date becomes current, will it stay for more than 30 days? I highly doubted, wat should be the action plan if the dates become current. Please advice.

Regards,

Thanks Jefkorn for your much appreciated advice

Thanks Jefkorn for this excellent piece of advice. I read about WOM many times on this forum but never knew the real essence of it. I guess I will have to do some research on how it is filed and the associated timing to it. I am unsure if its good idea to file WOM the moment the dates become current.

Do you or anyone out here happen to know the sucess rate of WOM filers? How many of our friends out here were successeful with WOM and its process of adjudicating applications?

You can write a letter to Director of Service Center where your case is pending specifically asking to adjudicate your application when your date becomes current citing your NC status, Feb. 04 2008 memo and hardships that you may face if the application is not adjudicated.The dates published in the Visa bulletin are good for a month but USCIS doesn't adjudicate all cases fowr whom the PD becomes current. This is due to ineffeciency and lack of producivity on part of USCIS. Some have gone to court filing WOM when the date was current if they thought that it may not remain current for following months or retrogress badly. If you filed your WOM when the PD date was current, the court can order DOS to issue a visa number even when your dates retrogress later on. What's important is when you filed the Complaint with the court, your PD was current.

See here, a member wom_ri was able file WOM and TRO (Temporary Restraining Order). This thread in general has wealth of info on WOM but it is HUGE and will take you quite some time if you wanted to go through it all!!

Thanks Jefkorn for this excellent piece of advice. I read about WOM many times on this forum but never knew the real essence of it. I guess I will have to do some research on how it is filed and the associated timing to it. I am unsure if its good idea to file WOM the moment the dates become current.

Do you or anyone out here happen to know the sucess rate of WOM filers? How many of our friends out here were successeful with WOM and its process of adjudicating applications?

Its done.. isn't?

Finally, after 2.5 years of wait. Today (April 30th, 2008) email showed up in my mail box, saying "Card Production Ordered" for both my wife and myself!! Isn't it done now??
Below is my detail...

EB2 (ROW)
CSC
PD : August 2001
I-140 == RD: March 2005; AD: June 2005
I485/AP
RD : October 2005
FP : November 2005
2nd FP: May 2006
AP : AD November 2005
June 2006 inquired and found stuck in NC

2nd AP:
RD October 2006
AD December 2006

EAD:
RD May 2007
AD July 2007

May 2007 - Case transferred to NSC

3rd AP:
RD Oct 19, 2007
Still pending

RFE on I-485: April 1st, 2008
Replied on April 24th, 2008

April 30th, 2008 ===> "Card Production Ordered" Email............ :)

Sakhlaq ,
Congratulations ! I also received these magic emails day before yesterday and my question is same ....Is it DONE ? because so far (>48 hours) I did not receive any welcome email or approval email ....please post your thought on this ....I talked to my attorney and she advised me to wait till I get the Approval notice and card in had before start celebrating....so presently I am happy and little nervous...

Please Help If You know the answar

Friends this is my situation

I have called TSC many times. Now a day they are not providing ant status information on the phone.
When I called last time two weeks ago A IO lady told me that your case has already been assigned to an officer.
And you will hear from us within 60 days. After that I called many times. Sometimes the IO told me that Feb memo
Regarding > 180 days is no more valid now they are following April memo and I must wait till November 2008.
to get status of my case.

When after talking to them many times I think they are still following the Feb 2008 memo. But they have realized that they did a great mistake by announcing April 30 the deadline. The truth is they do not have manpower to adjudicate all the cases which meet > 180 criteria before April 30th 2008. But truth is they are aggressively working on all the old cases pending more then five year ago then they will move to cases pending over six month.

Today again I called the TSC. First of all the officer was not willing to provide any information on the phone but when I told him that my PD is current. And I filed my I-485 on MAY 2007. So it’s a year old case. My FP has already been cleared a year ago. My Medical has not been expired My I-140 has already been approved My Case fulfill all the criteria for approval. With pending Name check >180 days

THEN HE TOLD ME THAT YOURE CASE HAS ALREADY BEEN ASSIGNED TO AN IO. AND YOU WILL HEAR FROM US WITHIN 60 DAYS.

GUYS, Can any body tell me how long it takes to get the decision at I-485 stage when case has been assigned to an officer. I got three soft LUD on 03/25, 03/26 and 03/27 but no hard LUD yet on my case & once the case has been assigned to an officer at I-485 stage??? Can we hear the good news at any time????Or the officer can again keep working on it for years and years I have not received any RFE on my I-485 Case. So far??????

Can I hear some good news soon? How far I am from destination

Please help if you know the answer

Tanveer