Track I-485 Approvals (After new Name Check 180 day rule)

wierd second reply for same SR ....

I do not know whether to rejoice or get more dejected. My service request from January 31st 2008 had generated a reply that was the normal "pending review" message. I just got back home and my maill box had another service request reply to the same request of Jan 31st. This time it says .. get this..

"Your permanent resident card was produced and has not returned to this office.

You will need to file and application to replace alien registration card(form i-90) along with the proper fee using the reason for filing application listed under part 2 as:

I am Permanent Resident or Conditional Permanent Resident and:
a. My card was lost, stolen or destroyed"

What am I to make of this.. is this good or bad news. If it is true the queue for I-90 at California is backed up to aug 19 2007.

I am trying to convince myself this is just a big blooper among many by uscis.
On the other hand I have a hard document from USCIS maybe i can use this in a positive way for myself(not sure what)

I got three separate emails for myself (primary applicant), my wife and daughter as follows:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 1, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
---
Though I am extremely excited (I had a big smile during my entire bus ride to work this morning), I will save my celebration until I am certain we have been approved for sure and are getting the GC. In the meantime, here are my details for your information....I do wish you all the BEST and I simply cannot express how grateful I am to this forum and the people in it sharing information and ideas about this painful process.

-EB2-ROW
-PD: 2/8/06
-I-140 approved 7/19/06
-I-485 RD 6/8/06 (stuck in name check since then)
-FP for myself and wife on 6/29/06 (only once)
-FP for my 9 year-old daughter on 3/13/07 (only once)
-EADs and APs have been renewed twice so far and my lawyer just sent me this morning another document request to renew again (she is clueless)
-8 calls to the 800# and one Infopass (a complete waste of time in my mind)
-I started sending letters to congressmen, senators, the first lady, etc. but just in the last 2 months...so I am not sure if they made any difference or whether the change in name check procedure really caused this event

Cheers!!!:D

EB2------- From which country have you applied?
------------------------
PD Dec-6-2001
EB2 INDIA
I 140 sept 27,2006 (TSC)
Paid 1000$ for pp
Status approved Oct 12,2006

I485
----
FD OCT 11, 2006
RD Nov 8 2006
name check pending

Edit/Delete Message?
--------------

Class-Action Complaint

News | Home

NEW YORK, March 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) and the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund (PRLDEF) filed a class-action complaint, Milanes v. Chertoff, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York yesterday on behalf of a class of immigrants challenging unlawful delays in the processing and adjudication of their naturalization applications by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Federal law requires USCIS to adjudicate naturalization applications within a reasonable time. USCIS's failure to do so has resulted in thousands of immigrants waiting well over six months, and in some cases years, since the submission of their applications, with no decision and no word from USCIS.

With the 2008 presidential election less than nine months away, these delays take on particular significance, as thousands of applicants, many of them Latino, could wrongfully be denied the ability to vote and participate in determining the future of their country.

Plaintiffs, all lawful residents in the United States for the past five to twenty-five years, have submitted complete applications for naturalization that have not been adjudicated within a reasonable time. Some have been waiting more than three years for a decision, despite repeated requests for adjudication. All have suffered egregious harm as a result of the delay. For example, Omar Farfan, a decorated veteran of the United States Navy who applied for citizenship over three years ago, cannot get a United States Government job because he is not a citizen. Manuel Martinez, who applied for citizenship over two years ago, is unable to apply for a visa for his elderly mother to leave Mexico and join him in the United States.

Michael Sant'Ambrogio, one of the NYLAG attorneys on the case, said, "The government has been sitting on our clients' applications for years. We have no choice but to seek relief from the Court."

The Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund (PRLDEF) is co-counsel with NYLAG on the case. PRLDEF, established in 1972, has won landmark civil rights cases in education, housing, voting, migrant, immigrant, employment and other civil rights. PRLDEF has fought for the right of non-English speaking students to get a good education, against housing discrimination in city-owned apartments, and to open up employment opportunities for all people.

I got three separate emails for myself (primary applicant), my wife and daughter as follows:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On March 1, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
---
Though I am extremely excited (I had a big smile during my entire bus ride to work this morning), I will save my celebration until I am certain we have been approved for sure and are getting the GC. In the meantime, here are my details for your information....I do wish you all the BEST and I simply cannot express how grateful I am to this forum and the people in it sharing information and ideas about this painful process.

-EB2-ROW
-PD: 2/8/06
-I-140 approved 7/19/06
-I-485 RD 6/8/06 (stuck in name check since then)
-FP for myself and wife on 6/29/06 (only once)
-FP for my 9 year-old daughter on 3/13/07 (only once)
-EADs and APs have been renewed twice so far and my lawyer just sent me this morning another document request to renew again (she is clueless)
-8 calls to the 800# and one Infopass (a complete waste of time in my mind)
-I started sending letters to congressmen, senators, the first lady, etc. but just in the last 2 months...so I am not sure if they made any difference or whether the change in name check procedure really caused this event

Cheers!!!:D

----

There was a nice present in the mailbox today...our actual plastic cards!
I must say that I was not expecting this so soon (just a few days after the approval emails).

Now I can really think about changing career...it's been a long, patient wait.

Again, I am not sure if the revised FBI name check policy made the difference for us. By the way, does anyone know how to find out whether FBI name check has in fact been completed or the AOS has been approved under this new policy?

Good luck to you all! Keep your hopes and optimisms high.
Cheers,:D

Approved based on new memo?

This morning, my wife and I received the following email for each of our i-485 petitions. I assume it means that our i-485s have been approved :confused::):eek: I have been stuck in namecheck since Feb. 3, 2006 (per FBI mail in response to my letter to the First Lady in 2007).

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On March 10, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

This morning, my wife and I received the following email for each of our i-485 petitions. I assume it means that our i-485s have been approved :confused::):eek: I have been stuck in namecheck since Feb. 3, 2006 (per FBI mail in response to my letter to the First Lady in 2007).

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On March 10, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Well done and I am so happy for you. I am still waiting (19/Jan 2006, EB2 ROW)
Could you please let me know if you did any more FP after initial one in FEb 2006? (Both you and your wife?)

Thanks

Finally approved

Dear members,

After a long wait I'm through. Still waiting for my wife's approval, although I saw a LUD on her application (dated March 10 and again March 11, 2008). Thanks for your valuable insights regarding the immigration matters.

On March 11, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

No fingerprints required after 15 months

Well done and I am so happy for you. I am still waiting (19/Jan 2006, EB2 ROW)
Could you please let me know if you did any more FP after initial one in FEb 2006? (Both you and your wife?)

Thanks

Thanks Vahid. I am confirming that the ONLY fingerprints we submitted were in February 2006. 25 months later, my wife and I received our i-485 approvals without any additional fingerprint requests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not yet approved after March 10

Well today is March 11 and I am sure there are quite a few who did not get their GC approved yet. I called twice and one lady said (2nd level of service) that they have started a new name check after they received RFA evidence 3 months back. That sounded like complete BS to me. So I called another time and this time another person said that they are still processing the evidence from my RFA. Not sure what they are processing as it is just a TB test they wanted me to do and it was negative. Anyways, I am on EB1 category and have been waiting for 4.5 years. If any of you know of another thread for people who did not get approved by yesterday please let me know.

Conditional Green Cards

The following message was posted by member "SFSD" in another topic. Has any of the recently-approved forum members received a Welcome Notice similar to this? :confused: I have never heard of a conditional 2-year labor-based green card? :confused: Is this an error or is this the actual approach that USCIS will use to adjudicate i-485 based on the new memo??? :confused:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conditional permanent resident status after new 180-day rule

I just received the “Welcome Notice” which says that my “application for permanent residence has been approved” and that I “should receive it (new Permanent Resident Card) within the next 3 weeks”. Although I’m really pleased to see this notice, I’m a little confused about the following sentences in the letter.

“Your new card will expire two years from when you became a permanent resident. By law your resident status is conditional, and you must apply to remove those conditions before your card expires. We recommend you apply several months before your card expires”.

I thought the conditional permanent resident status is for marriage based applications. My case is based on NIW. I am the primary petitioner in this case, although my wife got her application approved 3 years ago, as a secondary petitioner. And her status is not conditional. I’m just wondering why my status is conditional. Does this have anything to do with my probably still ongoing background investigation? Is this conditional status common to cases like mine?

Thanks for any suggestions and comments.

My PD is 2/26/2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Message changed to "card production ordered". Is that what i hope it is? :eek::eek:
What looks like the "THE" email ,feels like "THE" email , smells like "THE" email ,.... must be "THE" email..

Congrats from me... you are the first I have heard of from March 12th..

Temporary Green Card

Folks,

I've been a silent (hopeless) member for a while. I would share with you what I learned today. I called the USCIS to check the status of my I485 that has been pending for 2.5 years (name check) and to see if my case fulfills the conditions of the new name-check law. The costumer service transferred my call to a local office, where I've been told that my case DOES fulfill the new law and that I'm eligible for a TEMPORARY green card. When I asked about the processing time, he told me that they have currently 46,000 applications to process and they started issuing CG on March 10 starting by the older applications. He added that it may take a couple of months to process all eligible applications.

After a long waiting time, it seems there is hope and a temporary CG is better than nothing. I encourage you to call the CIS and ask about your case.

Good luck.
HAH

Folks,

I've been a silent (hopeless) member for a while. I would share with you what I learned today. I called the USCIS to check the status of my I485 that has been pending for 2.5 years (name check) and to see if my case fulfills the conditions of the new name-check law. The costumer service transferred my call to a local office, where I've been told that my case DOES fulfill the new law and that I'm eligible for a TEMPORARY green card. When I asked about the processing time, he told me that they have currently 46,000 applications to process and they started issuing CG on March 10 starting by the older applications. He added that it may take a couple of months to process all eligible applications.

After a long waiting time, it seems there is hope and a temporary CG is better than nothing. I encourage you to call the CIS and ask about your case.

Good luck.
HAH
temporary as in "conditional"? I saw report today here that someone received conditional GC for EB

Folks,

I'm eligible for a TEMPORARY green card. When I asked about the processing time, he told me that they have currently 46,000 applications to process and they started issuing CG on March 10 starting by the older applications.
Good luck.
HAH

Old applications.???!!!!
The approvals I am seeing all have RD of May June 2007. Agreed some have old PD . Old cases are cases which have an old RD like mine and many others. I have a RD of 2003. I have seen poepl on the forum with an RD of 2002 2003 and 2004.
what about them??