TRACK I-140 cases filed around SEPT/2005

New Processing dates

Guys and Gals

VSC processing dates (out today):

I-140: EB2: July 2005
I-140: EB3: Sep 2005

If you filed before these dates, may be contacting VSC may help.

Regards
GCStrat :)

Hi gcstrat,

Do you really think these dates are correct? I mean, I am totally confused seeing abnormal trend in approval and delays. In another forum, a guy got his 140 approved applied in Jan 2006, in three weeks of time. :confused:

I think, dates is just for official FYI nothing to do with actual processing.
Your thoughts???

Cheers,
Optimist_t
PERM 07/15/2005
EB2, VSC, certified on 09/02/2005
I-140 RD: 09/30/2005 ND:10/17/2005 LUD:02/01/2006 AD:
I-765 RD: 09/30/2005 ND:10/17/2005 AD: 11/31/2006
I-131 RD: 09/30/2005 ND:10/17/2005 AD: 11/31/2006
I-485 RD: 09/30/2005 ND:10/17/2005
I-485 LUD on 11/31/2005
FP done on 11/15/2005

gcstrat said:
Guys and Gals

I-140: EB2: July 2005
I-140: EB3: Sep 2005

If you filed before these dates, may be contacting VSC may help.

Regards

Call VSC it may help to move your case

gc_meli said:
Hello All,

I applied under EB3, concurrent 140 and 485 from VSC.
Receipt Date: May 20, 2005

Got EAD and Parole in 2 months time.

Not heard anything about 140. There is no LUD.

I see that there are cases that have applied after my date and have got 140.
I informed my lawyer and says to wait patiently.

I would greatly appreciate your advise.

VSC date is somewhat arbitrary

I think the VSC date is somewhat arbitrary.

I think/ guess VSC picks up an application and then probably finds all applications of that company and approves all at one shot. This could be a reason, they have approved I-140 quickly for some folks. This favors companies with many applications.

Or it could they have some random number generated by some legacy computer and we are at the mercy of that.

Or it could be some weighted average date based on some processing speed assumption.

Or it could some officers pure fantasy.

REGARDS

What about this ....
Theory for early approval:

Every one gets a LUD after couple of days. During first LUD VAC inspect the packet, if they find there are some question cases, the keep a reminder much earlier than the general approval time (approx 9 month from the website). This inspection is done by low grade staff. When reminder pops the case, agent responsible for the case sends either a RFP or approval based on the application evaluation. All RFP cases the cleared within 30 days of the receipt of information. Other just waits till the reminder time. This is the cause of early approval of some of the cases.

Theory for late EB1-OR/ EB1-Manager

There are limited number of agents who can handle the case for EB1 ( I believe on this crap, got it from mail group). Again EB1 Manager is less than EB1 OR and does not need much attention. Hope we will be in queue for within six months ...
Bur I regularly see my mail with some hope.

gcstrat said:
I think the VSC date is somewhat arbitrary.

Or it could they have some random number generated by some legacy computer and we are at the mercy of that.

Or it could be some weighted average date based on some processing speed assumption.

Or it could some officers pure fantasy.

REGARDS

OR it could be another way/trick to create backlog at this level.

The recent updates on VSC concurs with what has been reported in the forum. We have seen many EB-3 quick approvals. Perhaps that is the reason why VSC was able to move forward to processing September 2005 cases.

Yet another theory of fast approvals of I-140s:
1. EB-3 receive faster approvals since there is fewer documentations to review or difficult to find reasons to decline (even if the officer had a bad day).
2. Folks from non-retrogressed countries tend to benefit slightly since their cases are given priority without delaying the time taken by applicants from retrogressed countries to get their green card. In particular I have noticed that applicants from Canada receive their I-140 approvals much quicker than Chinese and Indian applicants. This is merely my conclusion from limited observations in this and other forums.

3. Additionally, certain centers (e.g., VSC) process applications in batches (i.e, by category).
This is readily apparent from the recent case update processing times (published Feb. 08, 2006). EB-2 NIW case processing has moved two months ahead while no change for EB1-EA and EB1-C. Similarly, EB1-OR (outstanding researcher category) moved forward by seven weeks.
EB-3 category has also moved significantly.
If this trend is indeed true, we will observe significant advances in case processing times for EB-1A, EB-1C and EB-2 in the next update (in approximately two weeks). Applicants in these categories may receive their decisions this week and next week.

For your informations:

Concurent filling EB2 at VSC (Indian Born)
I 140/ I 485 : RD 9/14/06
RFE on I 140 (ability to pay ) issued on 1/3/06
RFE replied 1/24/06
I 140 approved on 2/14/06
I485 ?????

khodalmd

No, not with NIW. I filled EB2 with PERM labor.
I was easily qualified in NIW but my attorney strongly oppose to file in NIW (I was mad on him at that time) but now convince. They have three three test factors to approve NIW petition. Every one get clear for first two but very difficult to convince for third
In third criteria we have to prove that going with LC chanel would be against national interest.

NIW_06 said:
congratulation
did you file in NIW

gcForV said:
Just checked LUD on: 02/15/2006
So looks like somebody is looking @ my 140
Please respond if I140 is still pending? Any approval in Eb1 and NIW?