Touch date 6/10

140_takes_4ever

Registered Users (C)
Just noticed my touch date after more than 4 months of inactivity had just been updated today. So wondering if this is a case of an IIO randomly stumbling upon my case by mistake and hence tripping over the touch date.

OR

Whether it is consistent with some sort of INS masterplan where people whose cases have been touched in the near past will receive FP notices shortly. Something akin to the 4/17 touch date folks from April/May/June who received their 2FP notices shortly after the touch date changed.

So in case your case has been touched in the near past, do post here if you receive a 2FP notice.

WAC03001
Touch date 6/10

No LUD for me for the last 26 months (since 1st FP) and no LUD for my wife for the last 28 (since we applied)!!

Good luck! you could receive your approval if FP didn't expire :) I'm serious man...

140_takes_4ever said:
Just noticed my touch date after more than 4 months of inactivity had just been updated today. So wondering if this is a case of an IIO randomly stumbling upon my case by mistake and hence tripping over the touch date.

OR

Whether it is consistent with some sort of INS masterplan where people whose cases have been touched in the near past will receive FP notices shortly. Something akin to the 4/17 touch date folks from April/May/June who received their 2FP notices shortly after the touch date changed.

So in case your case has been touched in the near past, do post here if you receive a 2FP notice.

WAC03001
Touch date 6/10

Good to know that your husband didn't change ;) . Marriages are made in heaven so lets not break them :p

I-485 WAC03120515xx Approval

My I-485 (WAC03120515xx) Approved

Data:
I-140 approval 6/2003
I-485 Approval 6/2004

Thanks to this Forums. Wish everybody get approval soon!

Using my very inaccurate program what I see is that lot of cases have very
old touch dates. Some of the touch dates go all the way to 2002.

For e.g about 20% cases in my series which is wac162 have last update
date which dates back to 2002. So these were never touched.

There are many cases which were touched as long back as March but
yet not approved. So dunno a touch means anything if at all. It is hard
to predict.

The more I look at it, the more I believe USCIS's security check story.
Cases must be sent for security check. And some might take more time
than others. For finger print sent/received or cases transferred the
last scan date reflects the date that happenned. Usually the last update
date is one day more than when this activity happens.

But there are cases which are in resumed state but touched at very different
times other than the last activity they encountered. Like my FP were
received in Jan so initially my LUD was 1/21/2004. But not it is 5/26/2004

Some of these cases are pending from April since they were last touched.

Just some stupid irrelevant observations.

140_takes_4ever said:
Whether it is consistent with some sort of INS masterplan where people whose cases have been touched in the near past will receive FP notices shortly.

I noticed a touch date of 05/21 on my case, and 7 days later was sent an FP2 notice. If you get an FP2 notice, it probably means it really was touched... at least enough for an IIO to notice the FPs were expired.

---
wac-02-253-xxxxx
RD 08/08/02
FP1 RCVD 09/26/02
FP2 (done early) 06/10/04
Touch 05/21/04
Self: 2 EADs, 2 APs, 3rd applied
Wife: 3 EADs, 2 APs (rfe for 2nd AP, go figure!)

I-140 (EB1-EA)
wac-02-087-xxxxx
RD 01/15/02
AD 03/05/02
no RFE

Concurrent filing was not an option in 01/02.

gracious said:
Good to know that your husband didn't change ;) . Marriages are made in heaven so lets not break them :p
gracious,

ABSOLUTELY Hilarious! :) Definitely joke of the week! :)

tk_tk,

Approval? No way. FP has expired, so hopefully it is a 2FP notice.

desi-bartender,
desi-bartender said:
Using my very inaccurate program
Don't get me wrong, I never said it was your program which was inaccurate, just that data from INS. Big difference there. :)

My theory on touch dates (take it with a pinch of salt)
1. Just signify that a case officer stumbled upon your case, doesn't mean much, it could be routine housekeeping operations or a serious look to see if the case is complete.
2. There is a possibility that if your case is incomplete, they will send a RFE/2FP notice.
3. They definitely don't have anything to do with approvals as such. What I mean by that is, an approval will definitely have a current touch date, but a touch date will not necessarily have an approval. (This explains why people with touch dates in March are still stagnating without approvals).

I have to disagree with you on the security claims issues. Think of it this way, if INS is so inefficient that it cannot track down a potential terrorist FAST, then we are in serious trouble. security claims have to go through very fast unless a red flag is raised where that case will be forced to undergo a more serious examination. But this shouldn't happen to a majority of cases, the way INS is suggesting now. If it happens to a majority of the cases then there is something wrong with the way they are flagging the cases.

wik,

Going by how close our PD's are I would tend to agree with you. Will know in a few days if/when I get a FP notice. Will keep everyone posted.

My main goal in posting the thread was to see if 6/10 was like a date when they touched a number of cases simulataniously, in which case, I can definitely expect some motion in the cases, (2FP notice/RFE), or it was just a one off, which might be due to a fax I sent last month. In which case, I will probably get a letter saying buzz off!

Well, what we call inefficiency, BCIS calls thoroughness. On this subject, I have to tell a joke-

Three engineers, one each from Sun, HP and Apple are taking a leak in a public restroom. After the Sun engineer does his job and washes his hands, he pulls off many sheets of toilet paper and makes sure that he has dried his hand thoroughly. He then remarks - 'At Sun, we make sure we do our job thouroughly'.

The HP engineer, after washing his hands, takes a single sheet and makes sure that he has dried his hand by using every square inch of the paper. He then remarks - 'At HP, we make sure we do our job thoroughly and efficiently'.

The Apple engineer does not wash his hands and says - 'At Apple, we don't pee on our hands'.

Don't ask me what lesson BCIS ought to draw from this.

WAC-02-247
RD: Aug 01, 2002

Received 2nd FP notice last week.
Touch date still shows 03 Dec 2003. Go figure!

Called #800 at NSC this moring without any result, then LUD changed to yesterday

I called NSC #800 this moring and asked the representative about my current address in file. I just wanted to make sure if my file is still in the building since my last updated date was Nov.2002 and never changed. Also, it seems like that it's a useful way to trigger the second finger print notice. The representative told me she couldn't do anything for me unless I want to change my address. Since I didn't want to change my address, she told me there is nothing she could do. She just repeated those rules time by time.

Then about one hour later, I checked my status and found my last touched date switched to June 15, which is yesterday. I don't know if there is any correlation between my call and the last updated date change. If it's correlated, how it could be yesterday. I didn't harass anyone from INS for long long time.

oven
wac-02-2055****

I did tell her my wac # and she told me from what she saw on the screen, my last updated date was Nov.2002, which everyone can check without her. Then she began to tell me she couldn't do anything and I can only send inquiry 30days after the JIT date and other blah blah blah.

oven
wac-02-2055****

For what it is worth, I sent another Fax Inquiry today. Nothing seems to have happened since the last time I sent it (May 10, 2004). And haven't received a 2FP notice. So wrote a letter asking them to either issue RFE or send a FP renewal letter. Also mentioned that the rate at which the JIT is moving it is in everyone's best interest to have my FP updated on the record.

God this process is slow! To tell you the truth, I was expecting a FP renewal notice after seeing the LUD changed to June 10th. I guess that tells you man is the eternal optimist. Inspite of getting kicked in the balls innumerable number of times, hope still springs eternal! :(

LUD changed (June 2002 filer)

My touch date (LUD) changed to June 15, 2004.

WAC 02-214-XXXXX
RD 6/21/02
ND6/24/02
1st FP 8/10/02
Still on H1-B
1stEAD 1/6/04

my LUD has been changed 6 times in the past few months. But nothing ever happened. So forget about LUD. It means nothing