Total standstill

ms001

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

There seems like a complete standstill at VSC. Are they already on christmas vacation. :)

audit

Showed that they were working too much. So they are taking a break now.

Processing will resume after the first week of jan....maybe:D

I told you guys a long time ago that it is not wise to expect many actions from INS during EXTENDED holiday season. This observation is based on my experience with INS over past 3 years.

Re: Re: Re: For God's Sake

Originally posted by Girish Rajput
Already September filers are waiting for their approvals and it is going to be November now.This means a wait time of approx. 14 months.
The way they are processing now, it seems wait time can only increase to ????.

I feel very sympathic for those september filers who have not get approved. You are the most unlucky group in this luck-oriented immigration journey. Aman, life is not fair at all. Some recent concurrent filers already get I140 approved. what you can say???

yeah

Ric2,

May be we were sept. filers in the luck distribution list by God :),

damn this sept.

YES , Stuck in traffic jam

VSC is like GA-400 ( busy Atlnata Hwy, there will not be any movement on either side of it during peak hours)

No work will be done or no file movement during holidays (still one month away) !!!!!!

I am tired of it

RD Sept 24,2001
ND 15th Nov,2001
AD (God knows!!!)

Re: YES , Stuck in traffic jam

Originally posted by GAPeach
VSC is like GA-400 ( busy Atlnata Hwy, there will not be any movement on either side of it during peak hours)

No work will be done or no file movement during holidays (still one month away) !!!!!!

I am tired of it

RD Sept 24,2001
ND 15th Nov,2001
AD (God knows!!!)

Ever wonder why you pay the 50cents?

There aint no marta for VSC!:p

Re: Re: Re: Re: For God's Sake

Originally posted by ric2

I feel very sympathic for those september filers who have not get approved. You are the most unlucky group in this luck-oriented immigration journey. Aman, life is not fair at all. Some recent concurrent filers already get I140 approved. what you can say???

Thanks ric2. What can I say man I am beginning to get a bit impatient as my vacation plans are coming closer...

explanation haaaahahaaaaahaaa

Patience GC,

who do think will offer u an explantion, welcome to the real world

RELAX AND HANG IN THERE

Folks. 'tis just a matter of time before you guys get your turn.
Take it from this semi-veteran who was so disgusted by the whole process and stopped checking AVM's and self-exiled from all bulletin boards and other immigration discussion groups.
Having finally got the approval notice three days ago and getting PP stamped y'day did not actually bring any sense of elation.
Just a sense of relief.
I would just say FORGET about the whole issue and kick back and relax.
It will come when it has to come.
Please remember, I was supposed to be a July 2001 filer whose company/lawyer sent the I-485 application only in August 2001
If you have the time to read my rantings, then go ahead and scroll down (it is a repost).
Everything went pretty smooth till the office realized that only one affidavit for the birth certificate of spouse was available (due to the Hindu tradition of naming the baby later). Courier charges back and forth cost a bundle and finally submitted the papers in July. The company people sat on it till they were asked by us about H1 extension because it was getting over on Sept. 10th.
Then there was a flurry of activities and our papers were sent in August 2001. Then came all the tragic events of last year and our application did not make it into the computers till October 23rd 2001.
Finally our file was pulled out on July 9th of this year. Then an RFE was raised for most silliest issues. For the primary applicant two pictures (out of the six submitted while applying in last August) did not show the left eye clearly - Thanks to SEARS photolab. For the spouse, it was the doctor's assistant who created the issue by not placing a check mark against the box which states that all immunization was up to date.
We sent in the rectified pictures and medical report through the attorney on July 25th.
Since the EAD was valid till 23rd of October, we decided to renew it as well as the AP due to an unavoidable trip to India coming up in November.
We went to the local INS office in the first week of September to check on our status (because the AVM still kept blurting out the same old message that an RFE was issued on July 9th). It was the same message that we got at the local INS office after waiting for almost four hours and moreover they suggested that we file for an extension directly with VSC lest we should lose our turn while the records were being transferred to the local office.
With the extensions were taken care of directly with VSC, we were still clueless about the status of our RFE and the notice clearly stated that there would be no extension of time frame (in our case deadline was 4th of October)
Towards the third week of september, it was best decided that the attorney be contacted and eventually the source of the problem was identified on the 3rd of October. The RFE notices sent to us had the wrong form number. Instead of the RFE mentioning I-485, it said I-765 which promptly landed it in a different department. All of us had overlooked that aspect and then there was this dreaded call from the lawyer's office stating that the primary applicant's photos were received, but the spouse's medical report was misplaced by INS. The lawyer's office decided to ask for a timeline extension because of the mix up. The EAD extension was approved on 12th of October whereas the 485 was approved on 9th (don't understand the logic except that it cost me 460 USD extra). EAD cards came on the 21st and now we get the approval notice (thankfully some one traced the missing medical report).
Even though a gist of what transpired is mentioned here, the true frustration experienced by us cannot be put in words. There's more aspects to the story, but will bore the wits out of you. So will stop short.
Anyways, just wanted to bring it to your attention about the various small factors that can be easily overlooked and the tensions that it can create. SO PLEASE VERIFY EVERY TINY DETAIL IN ALL YOUR PAPERWORK (to save time, money energy and sanity).
Here's wishing y'all the best.

VSC/EB3, PD 06/99, RD 08/27/01, ND 10/17/01, AP recd, FP 01/15/2002, RFE 07/09/2002 replied on 25th July 2002, AD 9th October 2002 and PP stamped 10/28/2002 at Hartford, CT.
Long and short of all this is to tell y'all to just chill out and stop worrying.
It will definitely be a story with a good ending for y'all. :)

Last edited by a moderator: