Toronto H1B stamping experience after I 485 pending

goan2005

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
FYI when i took my H1B ( 3 yr extension after initial H1 expired after 6 years) at US consulate in Toronto , they asked for my permanat LCA copy. Which i did not had . Luckily i had I 140 approval notice. I showd it to the officer and they were satisfied and approved my H1B visa stamping.
SO those of you in similaer situation, its better to take I 140 or prmant LCA with you.
I am still not sure , why department of state would be concerned about LCA and related filings such as I 140.

H1 stamp in Toronto

How soon did you get your appointment? Did they stamp your passport on the same day?

Thanks.

did they ask the green card labor certification (LC) or the
H1 LCA ( labor condition application ) ??

Gc Lc

They asked for Permant LCA ( i think its GC).
I could get appointment 1 & 1/2 months ahead.

In continuation with 'FYI advice' on h1b stamping in toronto- a friend of mine with all paper work in order, straight forward case, was grilled for 45 minutes at Toronto, eventually h1b was stamped.....but caution: dont take 7th yr h1b stamping for granted since it is already approved by USCIS, carry all paper work(LCA, approved I 140, 1-485 receipt etc)

They saw that you had completed 6 yrs already and needed a basis for extension beyond 6 years; sometimes USCIS may approve h1b beyond 6 years in error and hence visa officer was asking all the related documents.
Of course, no body should take their visa for granted just because cis approved it. Sometimes there is 3-4 months processing time gap between filing h1b papers and getting approval. Lot can change during this period and hence, the visa officer can ask for all the relevent documentation.
goan2005 said:
Hello all,
FYI when i took my H1B ( 3 yr extension after initial H1 expired after 6 years) at US consulate in Toronto , they asked for my permanat LCA copy. Which i did not had . Luckily i had I 140 approval notice. I showd it to the officer and they were satisfied and approved my H1B visa stamping.
SO those of you in similaer situation, its better to take I 140 or prmant LCA with you.
I am still not sure , why department of state would be concerned about LCA and related filings such as I 140.