Toronto Business Trips

JavedG

Registered Users (C)
Our company acquired a small company in Toronto. I will be going to Toronto quite often. Is this a problem going to Toronto on green card for job/business purpose?

I am surprised nobody knows about this.

Anyone!!! Is there a problem for a permamant resident of U.S going to Canada by road or by Air for job assignments. These will be temporary tasks - not for a client but rather for the company I work for who sponsored my green card.

Originally posted by JoeF
I am surprised that you are asking. Temporary trips abroad are ok and have always been ok.
The main thing is that the stay abroad has to be temporary in nature. If the trip ends in Canada or any other country is irrelevant.

Thanks JoeF. I have made personal trips to Canada on GC before but just wasn't sure about making job-related trips.

Just as it is irrelevant if the trip is to Canada or somewhere else, it is irrelevant if the trip is personal or business-related.

I may need visa to visit some other country. So its not really irrelevant.

Don't some countries require you to get temporary work/business visas? Wouldn't the purpose of the visit would also be relevent in that case. Its irrelevent here because the country is question is Canada which allows GC holders to come and go freely, even for work related visits.

From the US standpoint, and with respect to the US Greencard, it is completely and absolutely irrelevant.

Thats where you probably misunderstood me. I wasn't asking from the U.S standpoint. I was asking the question from the Canadian standpoint. Do I need anything special to go to Canada for job related work or my GC will do?

Originally posted by JavedG
Thats where you probably misunderstood me. I wasn't asking from the U.S standpoint. I was asking the question from the Canadian standpoint. Do I need anything special to go to Canada for job related work or my GC will do?
If you are going to get paid in canada, you might need some special work related visa. If you are just visiting on a business trip then you don't need any visa.