Too early?

Minsk

Registered Users (C)
I applied a little over a month ago and my case has already been tranferred to DO. My 5th anniversary is October, 27 so it's another 40 days. I think I have a pretty good chance of getting interviewed before my anniversary and then my case will be stuck forever. Am I correct in my assumptions?

Well...you might as well be correct. Did you do early FP? You might be schedule for Oct 29, 2010 which should be helpful to your case. No need to worry, enjoy life...

Well...you might as well be correct. Did you do early FP? You might be schedule for Oct 29, 2010 which should be helpful to your case. No need to worry, enjoy life...

Nope. Did FP as scheduled. Hopefully they won't do that to me...

You won't be stuck "forever". You may have some weeks of delay because of them having to suspend the decision until after the GC anniversary, but if it goes beyond 120 days after the interview you have recourse via 1447(b).

Received ILwith the date earlier than the 5th anniversary

Ok so as I was afraid my interview day is October 20 and it's earlier than my 5th anniversary which is October, 27. I just wanted to ask people who had the same experience what were they told by the IO after the interview and how long it actually took to get an approval letter and invitation to Oath Ceremony? Would it make any sense for me to try to reschedule the interview? I would appreciate any insights.

Ok so as I was afraid my interview day is October 20 and it's earlier than my 5th anniversary which is October, 27. I just wanted to ask people who had the same experience what were they told by the IO after the interview and how long it actually took to get an approval letter and invitation to Oath Ceremony? Would it make any sense for me to try to reschedule the interview? I would appreciate any insights.

Don't reschedule the interview. Rescheduling can cause long delays. Attend the interview, so the 120 day clock for 1447(b) will start ticking.

I just want to ask people who had the same issue in the past or people who came across other people's post on that issue - does everyone who's interview was prior to the 5th anniversary had to wait for a long time to get a decision or even file 1447(b)? Or there is a slight possibility to get a decision on the mail within a reasonable time frame after the interview?

Most people in a similar situation get an oath date within a few weeks after the 5 year anniversary, but some ended up waiting for over 6 months. It's not consistent or predictable.

On the other hand, some who rescheduled the interview ended up waiting over 6 months for a new interview date. But without attending at least one interview, they can't benefit from 1447(b). So it's better to attend the interview and then let them postpone the decision and oath, instead of postponing the interview itself.

Last edited by a moderator: