Tons Of Approvals Today

Most of them are Texas, 2007. These morons just CANNOT figure out how to process cases in FIFO order.

Hello guys:
I have been a silent reader for a whilst... I-485 filed March 2006 and stuck in Security BS Check. Didnt get anything this Magic March 10 date... and had a feeling that would happen so already got InfoPass (in Tampa) appointment last week for tomorrow morning.
Will update on what happens once I get back.
Dont have much hope though.
Will probably get stone-walled again.
I think it would be a great idea to start identifying IO's in each center and compiling a forum on their names and helpfullness.
i.e. something like this.
Service Office: Tampa
Date: March 11, 2007
Time: 8.00 am
Serviced by: Mr/Mrs. Joe Blow
Details: IO was rude/ignorant/helpful.

The idea is to identify those who actually know what they are doing in the various centers, and specifically ask for them when we go in. Putting in the date and time will help identify their work shift as well.

Tell me what you think.

Good luck to those who got approved.

aj.

AjJAX. I will appreciate if you can let us know what an officer will tell you. I am in the same sitaution and also have my INfopass in Tampa. They actually, have huge road constructions there. PLease leave well in advance. Do not rely on google directions because all roads are closed there.

Hey Pooh1234
I know... actually my firm is responsible for all that work :)
It took me 45 mins to get there last time, and I live at Rocky Point !
Will post back here tomorrow...

Just got back from USCIS.
Spoke to IO.
1. My case is still in Texas.
2. My file was pulled yesterday for examination by an examiner.
3. He has no idea how long it will take to adjudicate my case as jurisdiction lies with the IO in Texas.

I told him I was told this last year as well. He checked on his screen again and said that he was positive that it was pulled yesterday.

I asked about my NC, and that is still pending. He said my case would be adjudicated irrespective of the pending NC.

So, in a nutshell, nothing new. I will probably go back again in a couple of days to see what is going on and if I get the same story or something new.

BTW looks like DHS has posted IO job openings all over the country.. min qual is N/A... LOL,, explains a lot.

BTW I just called the USCIS right now. I got transfered by the CSR to "the next level of support". I spoke to an immigration officer and he said that I should hear something by April 10th per their new policy. My I-485 was filed March 2006 and was pre-adjudicated April 2006. Thus it was stuck in NC since then.
He gave me a tracking number and asked me to call back if I dont hear anything by April 10 with that number. Apparently the new policy is that the service center HAS to respond by April 10, especially if they have already pre-adjucidcated the case.
strangley he has no idea what the response from the TSC possibly will be... said the process was new to him as well and he was learning too.
So, if you got an Infopass appointment and went in to find out what happened with your case, I suggest that you also call as well. Becaseu I went in this morning and apparently the IO there submitted no request to the TSC about why my case is delayed.

To ajJax:

Now I am totally confused. I filed I 485 in Dec 2005. I ahve done 2 tours to infopass in Tampa in 2007 and in between a couple of letters from attorney. In 2007 the story was that I was stuck in NC. In Feb 2008 when I had another infopass I was told that they case was assigned to an officer. I also called later to TSC. Neither infopass nor calling could confirm on a NC status but said the same date when the case was assigned to an officer Jan 26th 2008. I assumed that NC was possibly cleared.

I believe they are not going to assigne a case to an officer if there is a problem with a name check. It was clearly a big issue for many before Feb 4th. If that info is correct looks like they either finally celared a name check or applied a new memo.

Pooh1234:
I got exactly the same story !
I was told that my name had been assigned to an IO last year August, and that I should expect an approval anytime.
Was told that twice... in January and August.
From what I can figure out, this is how the process works.
When your case file goes in, it gets assigned to an IO. At the same time it goes for NC.
This IO is responsible for making sure everything is in order, etc, and is basically an assembly point for your case.
Every 90 days any case they have not closed gets reviewed by their supervisor.
The systems tags these steps, thus your were told that the file is being reviewed.
However, if you are stuck in NC, then the supervisor simply sends the file back to the IO, who is essentially the book-keeper.
I think this was their internal check-and-balance system, and I suspect that supervisors started getting overloaded with tons of open cases simply because they were pending NC, and thus they are now "flushing" out these cases and putting the onus on the FBI to catch up in processing the checks.

I suggest you call the USCIS and tell them that per the USCIS Memo for March 10, 2008, your NC has been pending for more then 180 days, and thus you are calling to inquire on what happened.
The CSR should transfer you to an IO who locates where your file physically is and sends a memo to that service center.
That service center then is required to respond by April 10, 2008, to you personally.
Also, the IO took my email address and said that most probably I will get a response via email.
That is what happened with me and should happen with you as well.
The IO I got actually spent quiet a bit of time reading over my case details.
So call asap. I don't think is worth going to the USCIS local office (imo).

Pakistan
Filed I-485 March 14 2006
EB2
GC Approval March 12 2008
I-824 for Spouse derivative benefits filed August 2007.

Congratulations ajJax from your fellow floridian with whom you had a very similar story and was attending regular Infopass appointments at the same location and was basically told the same things.

Yesterday was your day. Today is mine.

My message today was that a welcome notice was mailed.... Will take some time to believe it.....

Will let you know if it says conditional or anything like that.
Also, Pooh1234, I got two emails... the first was the welcome notice and the second, 24 hrs later, a notice saying my gc was ordered for printing and I should get it in 30 days.
congratulation's also on getting your welcome notice !
My HR lady is funny... when I told her about the gc she said.. "Hurry, go buy a car on payments and get into debt so that you truly feel American !"... lol

ajax,

I had called TSC and they refused to give info saying that I had called in Jan and I should wait 6 months.

485 RD 4/07

AjJax got the welcome notice one day earlier that I did. And guess what? He got his actual GC on March 20 and me today March 21 st.

TO: wait_aos

ajax,

I had called TSC and they refused to give info saying that I had called in Jan and I should wait 6 months.

485 RD 4/07

Call back. And then call back again.
The CSR are pretty ignorant, on average.Remember, a lot of these CSR are fresh hires under training. I have got wrong information from them numerous times.

I am assuming that you are affected by the March 10 memo, right ?
If so your case has to be adjudicated by April 10, or you have some issue with your NC.

Dont be afraid to call multiple times... it wont have a negative impact on your case.