Today's update from IIO

reliance

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I spoke an IIO just now. I wanted them to updated my FP status. I also told him that all the people who received FP notices date 4-10-02 status is not updated. He told me that this is done by different team and he would send them an email, even though he is not sure if it could help. He is under the impression that by all probability I could get another FP notice very soon.

According to him BCIS , NE officers are working 7 days a week to clear I-485 backlogs. They are setting up another office(internally) to staff more people.

This IIO was very nice, I spoke to him almost 12 minutes. He also told me they are trying catch up with VSC.

Be optimistic, by 2 months we should see lot of RFEs and approvals.

nothing hurts to be optimistic

some IIOs are nice to talk to, sometimes. NSC has definitely slowed down and we have not seen any signigicant activities either on regular or rfe backlogged cases.

I have no clue how reliable this or any other IIOs are. I got an RFE for 2nd FP on calling the IIO could not figure out if such an RFE was sent at all, so I wouldn't count on these IIOs.

Cheers:eek:

He admitted that they are behind VSC. He told me there is some push from top to clear more cases especially I-485.

Believe me I had long chat with him, we touched several subjects. At one point I told him about rupnet.com. He fired me back, you guys(means Indians) are very enterprising and aggressive.

All I meant was things may be better in the coming months.

Thanks, Reliance

really hope this endless waiting will be over soon! let's pray for some real actions from NSC:)

Yeah, this delays should end soon. Frustuating for everybody everyday. Hopefully they implement all those things.

reliance,

Very glad to read the your conversation with IIO, it all with good news.

Hope they will implement what ever he spoke to you.

Maheshji,

I'm very frustrated with this process. I just want them to update my FP stautus. I did try few things.

1). I made my lawyer contact Sen.Tom Daschle. They replied that they are processing NOV cases and a few DEC, JAN-02 cases. This is a month ago. Daschle office consults him on immigration issues.

2). I contacted my congressman Tom Tacredo of CO. I did not give my LIN number. I told there is long I-485 backlog, due to insufficient staff and hence more funding for BCIS. He did not reply about the funding suff. Instead he initiated an enquiry with my last name and address. His office replied me my case will be taken up in 2 months.

Nothing has happened to FP update. AVM is still the old stuff. I'm trying get it updated by hook or crook.

Reliance,

I had a similar problem with my AVM and online messages. It stayed stuck on "A fingerprinting notice has been sent out on 4/1/2002....." till my I485 got approved a couple of months back(The message finally changed then!) so don't worry about it. The message being updated has no bearing on approval or case assignment.

Reliance, a few questions ...

1. For your conversation with IIO - Which number did you reach IIO on - NSC (402 323 7830) or new Centrallized number (800 375 5283)?

2. What are your case details (PD, RD, ND, FP etc.), please post.

Thanks.

StillWaiting...