Today I had received my GC

douls

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone.

Today I had received my GC in the mail backdate 1 year to October 2004
Cadel was right I had received my Card in 2 days.

Thanks.

Good luck to the rest of people.

douls said:
Hi everyone.

Today I had received my GC in the mail backdate 1 year to October 2004
Cadel was right I had received my Card in 2 days.

Thanks.

Good luck to the rest of people.
congratulations!

To Douls

Yeah man,Congratulations and enjoy your feedom.Now you can apply for your green document and go celebrate your victory somewhere in Europe.You need some fresh air.But don't forget to take the form N-400 with you when you travel.My man,the countdown started and 2009 will be the last stand.In 2009,you will be asked to give up your alien number.

FinanceGayBoy said:
douls, what are your dates?

Thanks Froff22, Samoel and Cadel.

One thinks I forgot to mention My GC is backdate from October 2004 and will be expire in October 2015 insight 10 years uscis gave me 11 years if I’ am right.

Good luck to others.

FinanceGayBoy said:
douls, what are your dates?

FinanceGayBoy if you look in the bottom of my user name douls you see or can be more specific.

Good luck to others.

cadel said:
Yeah man,Congratulations and enjoy your feedom.Now you can apply for your green document and go celebrate your victory somewhere in Europe.You need some fresh air.But don't forget to take the form N-400 with you when you travel.My man,the countdown started and 2009 will be the last stand.In 2009,you will be asked to give up your alien number.

Hi Cadel.

You had mention to your previous message the green document you mean RTD or Reentry Permit I know the Reentry Permit is 2 years so I don't which one is easy to get the Shengen Visa to Europe.

Good luck to others.

douls said:
Thanks Froff22, Samoel and Cadel.

One thinks I forgot to mention My GC is backdate from October 2004 and will be expire in October 2015 insight 10 years uscis gave me 11 years if I’ am right.

Good luck to others.

Congratulations, Douls. Is there any word in your GC ( front or back side ) mentioning its category - such as AS6 or AS7 ?

To Douls

Both RTD and Reentry are the same document and cost the same money.You may apply for RTD or a Reentry Permit.But the difference is RTD is valid for 1 year and allows you to go to Germany without visa .In your RTD it's marked Refugee Travel Document above your Photo and the category is asylee(or refugee if you are).If you are a Permanent resident as a result of asylum(This is your case) or refugee,the category will be Permanent resident.The permit is valid for 2 year and above your photo,it's marked Reentry Permit.You nee a visa to go to germany with a reentry Permit.I will advise you to apply for a Permit because there is no refugee word somewhere and it's good for 2 years.As a US PR,getting a visa from any consulate is not a big deal.If you don't hear about the word visa,apply for RTD and go to Europe without a visa via Germany.About,the card,mine is backdated Sep 15,2004 and expire on Sep 15,2015.This means,your are resident since 2004,but the card is issued in 2005.Then,2005-2015 makes 10 years.Forget about the year 2004.It comes like they issued one to you in 2004 valide for 1 year,and in 2005,they renewed it now for 10 years.This means,if you don't apply for citizenship,in 2016,you're gonna get another one which is gonna expire in 2026.But in that card,they will mark,residence since 2004.It's gonna be like your card is for 22 years.
Enjoy your freedom man.

GrassRoot said:
Congratulations, Douls. Is there any word in your GC ( front or back side ) mentioning its category - such as AS6 or AS7 ?

Thanks GrassRoot.

Yes there is category mentioning to my GC as AS6.

Good luck to others.

cadel said:
Both RTD and Reentry are the same document and cost the same money.You may apply for RTD or a Reentry Permit.But the difference is RTD is valid for 1 year and allows you to go to Germany without visa .In your RTD it's marked Refugee Travel Document above your Photo and the category is asylee(or refugee if you are).If you are a Permanent resident as a result of asylum(This is your case) or refugee,the category will be Permanent resident.The permit is valid for 2 year and above your photo,it's marked Reentry Permit.You nee a visa to go to germany with a reentry Permit.I will advise you to apply for a Permit because there is no refugee word somewhere and it's good for 2 years.As a US PR,getting a visa from any consulate is not a big deal.If you don't hear about the word visa,apply for RTD and go to Europe without a visa via Germany.About,the card,mine is backdated Sep 15,2004 and expire on Sep 15,2015.This means,your are resident since 2004,but the card is issued in 2005.Then,2005-2015 makes 10 years.Forget about the year 2004.It comes like they issued one to you in 2004 valide for 1 year,and in 2005,they renewed it now for 10 years.This means,if you don't apply for citizenship,in 2016,you're gonna get another one which is gonna expire in 2026.But in that card,they will mark,residence since 2004.It's gonna be like your card is for 22 years.
Enjoy your freedom man.

Hi Cadel.

Thanks for your explanations I will apply for a reentry Permit to travel a for GC I got your point and I will apply for the citizenship when the time will arrive.

Good luck to others.