To use G-1145 Notification of App or not?

CAHope

Registered Users (C)
How many of you have requested notification of application acceptance? Should we bother with it as we already have proof of delivery using cert. mail/return receipt and looking at check processing?

How many of you have requested notification of application acceptance? Should we bother with it as we already have proof of delivery using cert. mail/return receipt and looking at check processing?
I did add a G-1145 for both my application and now my wife's, mainly because I couldn't wait to see some progress and because I'm a geek. But realistically, it's not necessary, since there is the proof of delivery and if you send a personal check (not money order), you can see on your banking account when the check is cashed. OTOH, there is a significant time delay between delivery to the lockbox and until they actually enter the application into the system. So the early notification via SMS/email is comforting :)

Also, adding the G-1145 is a nice freebie service by the USCIS, so we might as well use it