To United Nations

UnitedNations

hey UnitedNations
I have a question about my I-140 filing. I need to contact you via email to go over my details.

thanks
4evernp

I-140 Part 6

I have a typical problem with my I-140 filing. Currently I am working as a database administrator on H1B. I have my PERM certification approved as a Software Engineer. I m filing my I-140 for that position,in the form for I-140 part 6 for the beneficiary information, question # 8 asks whether the position is new or old ?
What should be my answer, i m filing my I-140 for the job of software engineer which is not what i m currently working as for the company. So according to my layman opinion it should be a new position with respect to me :( :( ?

It is a "new position".

There isn't any definitive answer on this. I take the approach that every person who is getting sponsored is for a newly created permanent position. H-1b is a temporary position. If you are taking over a permanent job that an american used to do then perhaps you would answer "no".

UnitedNations,
So what you really mean is that the question is not important ? Why would they ask such a question on the form I-140 if it was irrelevant and did not really matter ?? I am confused.