To Travel with misprint(BithDate) AP, How big a deal is that?

patience_2000

I received my AP yesterday and my Birth Date was printed wrong.
I would appreciate if some one could tell me, how big a deal is to travel with this AP.

I would be glad if some one could share their experience(travelled with misprint AP).

Regards

patience_2000 said:
I received my AP yesterday and my Birth Date was printed wrong.
I would appreciate if some one could tell me, how big a deal is to travel with this AP.

I would be glad if some one could share their experience(travelled with misprint AP).

Regards
Personally, I would rather get my AP corrected before I travel outside.

If you have a H visa as a "backup" to AP, then you can risk traveling - but if AP is your only means of re-entry, you would be better off fixing a known issue than risking something at POE.

PS: When I entered using AP, I was asked a couple of validation questions (the officer pulled my info on the screen and asked me some Qs while looking at it) .... one of it was my birthday and the other I think was my SSN !!

Thanks max2k1

Thanks for the reply...I thought I would get atleast few more responses and some experiences.

My Company's Immegration Departmens says, it is OK to travel and many have travelled with misprint AP.

But I would like to hear from some one who experienced this.

I hope their is some one out their who experienced this.

I hope to listen from some one soon.

My wife's AP has the same problem. Her birth date was misprinted as mine. We went to local INS . Just told them the birth date was wrong and we would travel in middle of Nov. The officer took back 2 original AP and asked my wife to fill the new I-131 form and took her picture. Finally, we got the new AP with correct birth date.

So just use infopass to make an appointment and get your new ap at local INS.