To those that talked to IIO.

billyboy

I notice a lot of you are getting through the phones to talk to IIO about your respective cases. A few even went to the INS offices.

I understand that the wait is frustrating and I don\'t want to appear negative about it, but, I was always forewarned by my lawyer not to make telephone inquiries (other than through automated) AVM) as it may have negative repercussion - whether this is true or not.

Just a suggestion - don\'t you think you should start a tracking thread and approvals for those that called in and spoke with IIOs ?
Good luck.

You might be correct!!!

I have some friends who applied at the same time as myself and did fingerprinting at almost the same time. They got approved and I am still waiting.

My crime; I called the IIO three to four times in the last 3 months.

soi

Not sure how relevant

One of my friends got an interview. Basically all others got GC approved, when we analyzed why it can be. The only thing different we found was that he was a regular caller to IIO. Like once a week and sometimes he used to boast that he called twice the same day. I do understand that this is really a lot and would raise a RED flag. Maybe that is why he got interview.

Maybe we are wrong in coming to this conclusion or maybe we are rite. Who knows. Only God and INS knows..

Yes, who knows. But when we have cases where folks have gotten into trouble

Why take a chance. I used to call once a month earlier, but I have stopped calling for almost a month now (it is like quitting smoking).

soi

too frequently might be bad I think

I think you are right. If someone calls like every week or so he might get the same IIO and he/she might remember the person. In that case it might appear to the IIO that the person might have some problem with his application and hence the impatience. I think if one calls less frequently like maybe once a month it wouldnt be flagged RED and still get information about his/her case.

It is good idea

I did talk to IIO and she told the my case is on officers desk and should be approved in couple of weeks. It did approve in two weeks and also IIO told me that she will talk to respective officer. So in my case it did work. My suggestion is after finger printing wait for at least two months before calling a IIO. Good luck to all who are waiting for GC.

Think before calling IIO

Actually almost all the lawyers warn people about talking to IIO. One of the reasons is discrepancy between the conversation and the content in the application. For example how many of us remember exact \'TITLE OF THE POSITION\' filled in the application. May be, you are called \'software engineer\' at work and lawyer filled your application as \'SYSTEM ARCHITECT\', Only the lawyer knows better.
     You never know where the conversation will lead to, and even a little mistake will lead to considerable delay in the approval. So it is not a wise idea to talk to IIO for small reasons, unless it is a must.