• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

To: people who already submitted their AOS paperwork: certified translations

vk96

Registered Users (C)
Did you submit certified translations of various documents (for example, birth certificate, high school diploma) to the USCIS or copies of certified translations?

Last edited by a moderator:
To USCIS - copies of everything, no originals!!

To the interview we brought original documents, original translations with original certifications

zaryun, what did they say? when will be your name cleared? I'm in the same situation. I had the interview on the 29 last month.

They said, that theoretically, it may take many month, but the officer said not to worry now, becouse it is only 2 weeks after the biometrics and probably it is just bureocratical delay. He said that usually, if you were not born in a country that FBI has an interest in, it is not a problem (whatever that means...)

thank you, zaryun! for me it's more than a month from when the biometrics were done (March 2nd). I'm from Erurope also, but afraid because of the delay. I know sometimes it takes many months when you wait for them, and if september passes everithing is lost.

to zaryun

hello zaryun,
I submitted all the original documents to USCIS(Chicago office) for my AOS through DV lottery.
Do you think it is gonna cause problem when i go to my local office(Hartford/Connecticut) for my my interview,still waiting for the letter since February 23rd, ?
Thank u in advance

No, I do not think so, becouse at the interview they have all your documents you sent to Chicago.