To Inders99!!!!!!

vioxx

Registered Users (C)
Hi!thanks for replying to my thread.i called the SSA and they told me my name is in their computer system already but what their waiting is the respond from the INS. They reasoned out that they become more stricter after sept.11. so right now, i dont know what to do.They are asking me to come to their office and present the documents again.I am planning to go to another SSA office trying my luck maybe they can issue me SSN at a faster time but i doubt it coz my name is already in their computer.
What do you mean by a form from INS requesting SSN? how do i do that?i didnt ask for the receipt but now i know next time i go to SSN. I hope you could advise me what to do. Thanks again!!!

vioxx

Go to the office again and present your documents again, take EAD card, Passport, Driving licence, I-485, EAD reciept so that they can veryfy whar ever they need from INS.
I read 1-2 months back on MURTHYBULLETIN that if you take that Form that has been verified by INS and then you go to SSN office with INS verifiaction they will not have to send Info to INS and Info will be in SSn database or INS computer database will be verified immidiatly by SSN office , Sorry I dont remember the From if you wish you can search on www.Murthy.com and go to MURTHYBULLETIN and search
Better go to same SSN office, going to other office will not help, SSN card is not issued by SSN office you visit they just send the info to issue SSN card to you, I hope SSN cards are issued from Baltimore main office.
Good Luck!!