To Ginnu or UN about AC21, similar job and high salary

To Ginnu or UN about AC21, similar job and Low salary

my friends labor got approved in CA state. The salary in Labor is 90,000.
Now he wants to use AC21 using same or similar job.

Is it ok if the new job pays only 55K. The new job is in different location not california. Please respond ASAP :(

Last edited by a moderator:
jambalakadi said:
my friends labor got approved in CA state. The salary in Labor is 90,000.
Now he wants to use AC21 using same or similar job.

Is it ok if the new job pays only 55K. The new job is in different location not california. Please respond ASAP :(
jambalakadi,

Here is my advice:

Get the prevailing wage for year when LC was filed in CA and the location where your friend is going to move, say XY. If the prevailing wage ratio is same or similar to the salary ratio for your friend - he is fine. He may get transfer to local office or may not get transfer depending on other factors.

Check on level I and level II salary and compare it. Does that sounds ok?

mine was 22% less than the LC salary

I used AC21, joined new company with 22% less pay and got approved. My location also changed from chicago to lower cost of living city.

Salary doesnt have to be same. Ca 90 k is equal to 50-60k elsewhere on the east coast.
I have read this on sheela murthy website.

brind20 said:
Salary doesnt have to be same. Ca 90 k is equal to 50-60k elsewhere on the east coast.
I have read this on sheela murthy website.
90 K in CA in same as 50-60 k in east coast ie. CT, MA, NY and NJ? u must be kidding dude :) try staying here and then u'll understand how expensive it is!

I agree with fast_gc_seeker. The cost of living in east coast is not lesser than CA as most of the people think. Probably Californians think like that. I am currently located near Boston and the cost of living is so huge, I feel CA could be better.

Not really. Go to www.homefair.com and see the statistics.

90k in San Francisco = 74k in Boston = 69k in Queens = 115k in Manhattan

It looks like Manhattan is more expensive than SF, but rest are not. The major cause of the difference is housing. If you rent, the difference is smaller (but still is more expensive).

~T

talkative said:
Not really. Go to www.homefair.com and see the statistics.

90k in San Francisco = 74k in Boston = 69k in Queens = 115k in Manhattan

It looks like Manhattan is more expensive than SF, but rest are not. The major cause of the difference is housing. If you rent, the difference is smaller (but still is more expensive).

~T
I hope you also dont live in CT, MA, NY and NJ. live here and you wont give any website reference to calculate cost of living. I lived for more than a year in SF Bay area [CA] and now live in east coast for more than a yr. I can definately say cost of living in CT, MA, NY and NJ is more or less equal or > than CA.