To attorney Jim MIlls : please advise...

485WAITFOREVER

Registered Users (C)
hi all

I have applied for 485 in VSC (RD = feb 2002)
Now I have a job offer offer from ST.paul / minniapolis
I am still on H1B.

What happens if I take the JOb offer

1. Does it get transfered to local INS directly and they schedule Inter view ?

2. Does the case sit in the NSC , till NSC reached the processing dates of Feb 2002.

3. Do I get a new receipt date and that is the date my case was received in NSC and what would be the processing times for this case then

4. What would be the local INS office in my case and what are they wait times for interviews ?

Thanks and pls consider this urgent and any information is really appretiated.

-Raj

Just dont take a new job till you get the I-485 stamped and have your gc in hand.

You might get away if you change jobs before the I-485 is approved but is simply NOT worth.

Probably good advice. I'd also suggest waiting for at least six months (one year is better) before changing employers. This helps to prove your intent to remain with the sponsoring employer "permanently".

Since Sheela Murthy has experienced denials of I-485 application due to the revocation of the I-140 by the employer EVEN AFTER THE I-485 HAS BEEN PENDING FOR MORE THAN 180 DAYS, I would be very careful about leaving an employer voluntarily prior to GC approval since if the employer revokes the I-140, your GC may be at risk.

What BCIS seems to be saying with this position is they will not permit the use of AC21 until after the implementing regulations have been published. Of course, BCIS needs to write the regs so the absence of regulations is a problem of their own creation.