To all the NIW experts and those who filed for NIW!

sameirbab

Registered Users (C)
I am preparing to file my own NIW, with help from an attorney, only to finally look if everything is ok and sign.

Can anyone please, let me know if the latest do-it-yourself kits are useful, if yes, can anyone suggest a good one.

What is the list of forms and documents that are required? How many letters?

I need the info urgently, someone please take time to answer my question!

Thanks a Zillion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.orientalhealingart.com

THE US IMMIGRATION DO IT YOURSELF MIGHT HELP YOU. TY

niw

5-6 letters.
I read your other post too. Getting EAD by July 1, is somewhat of a long shot but certainly not something that cannot happen. Depends on the service center too. Say you file by end of March (which will require pretty strenuous work), service center RD: April 1, 2003, approximate SC ND: May 1, 2003, EAD processing time : 60-90 days. So you see July 1, 2003 would be the earliest. But then things can always happen quicker or get delayed.
The residency offer you take if it would'nt affect the offer, try to tell them (after you have the firm written offer and maybe after another couple weeks) that there might possibly be couple weeks delay or so in paperwork from INS (just say it in passing) and then hope things fall into place by then. Otherwise you can tell them there might be another couple weeks due to some unanticipated delays. Also likely you could consider geeting some credit if you start late say if you have some prior training (same field etc, ie if you could get letter from the respective Board for the credit - you could use that for the time you missed in starting late). Also if its just couple weeks-month late many a times the Board requirements are actually less than the actual length of the program (ie IM is actually 30 months and not 36 months, the last I knew- so the program directors many a times do not mind overlooking if you miss a mon th or two. Also another option would be (if your Program Director happens to be a jerk) to tell him to use your vacation for the time missed (paid vacation ofcourse)
Hope it helps. Good Luck.
ooops cannot be "paid vaction" if you do not have a working status

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't count on getting the EAD by july. The new INS memo specifically discussed "abuse of concurrent filing by NIW petitioners etc". Looks like they are not quick to give EAD to NIW cases.

One option may be to get an H1 job for an year or so