to all of you who received your Welcome Letter and GC!!!

I am confused!

Joining the list, I've just received email about my case, which was card production ordered. It sounds like it's over, but it ain't over til my card is in my hands/wallet. :D Do people know how long does it take for the card to reach me upon receiving the "card production ordered" notice?
Hi Guys !
I am new to this thread. I was initially registered to the law suit thread. Finally I got an e-mail that my I-485 has been approved on 3/1/2007. What is the next step? What is the welcome letter? Is it the same as I-485 approval e-mail? I appreciate your response.
sfdurrani

Did the email say something like this?:

On xxx x, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If so, then see my time frame. I received the PR card 11 days after this email.

after getting married to my USC wife, i applied for adjustment status, sent I485, I130 and I765 concurrently.
here is the time line

mail the forms and documents to vermont [09/08/2006]
receipt notice is sent from MSC [09/28/2006]
didnt receive the biometrics appointment letter.
visited the federal plaza in new york and made an appointment for the same day and had my fingerprints and pic taken. [01/12/2007]
received the work permit. [01/22/2007]

now after all of this, and reading some of the threads. i came to conclusion, i should have received my appointment letter by now. well, i visited the federal plaza to question if anything was sent to me that i may not have received. they said they didnt send anything.

is it normal to have a this wide time gap between the EAD and the appointment letter. also, will i receive an email indicating that they sent me an appointment for interview??

i thank you very much in advance.
IS

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that some people get there card production email first then there welcome email.

I got our welcome email and approvals via email and mail yesterday but no card production email.

Would they send the card anyway (without the card production email).

Would I get the email just stating card production, nothing else??
I have gotten the other emails stating card will be mailed soon, but not specifically stating card production like mentioned here??

Also, my lawyer would not receive the card correct? it would come to me??
thanks for any info.

I know it's hard but give it at least a week. The card will be mailed to whatever address is in the system (notice receipt).

On xxx x, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

MaxiumVelocity, is this what you got for you producation card email??
I know I should just wait, but I find it odd that I have received the welcome notice and approvals for both the 131 and the 485 have physically received the welcome letter sent out 2/28 and in our mail 3/6 and still no card production email, when people get the card producation first then the welcome email?? :eek:

WE GOT our IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to tell you all...

I received my husband PR card today in the mail.

I never received the card production email and was so worried since I had already been sent the welcome note (2/28) but today Thank God we got the card........................:D

DO : Newark , NJ
11/18/2006 - Mailed out I-130/485/131/765
11/20/2006 - RD - Day 0
11/27/2006 - ND
11/28/2006 - Checks encashed - Day 10
11/29/2006 - LUD for all
12/4/2006 - FP notice received - Day 16
12/12/2006 - FP - Day 24
1/23/2007 - Received interview notice - Day 64
2/5/2007 - AP approved - email - Day 76
2/7/2007 - EAD approved - card production ordered - Day 78
3/27/2007 - Interview Date - Day 127-Approved & Stamped
3/28/2007 - Approval Email for I-130 & Welcome letter email for I-485
3/30/2007 - "Card Production Ordered" email

journey ends !!!!

DO : Newark , NJ
11/18/2006 - Mailed out I-130/485/131/765
11/20/2006 - RD - Day 0
11/27/2006 - ND
11/28/2006 - Checks encashed - Day 10
11/29/2006 - LUD for all
12/4/2006 - FP notice received - Day 16
12/12/2006 - FP - Day 24
1/23/2007 - Received interview notice - Day 64
2/5/2007 - AP approved - email - Day 76
2/7/2007 - EAD approved - card production ordered - Day 78
3/27/2007 - Interview Date - Day 127-Approved & Stamped
3/28/2007 - Approval Email for I-130 & Welcome letter email for I-485
3/30/2007 - "Card Production Ordered" email
4/2/2007 - Welcome and approval notice in the mail
4/7/2007 - Card in the mail

congrats. I am still waiting for my card production ordered email. It will be a week on tuesday since receiving my welcome notice email. Keeping fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes. It was funny at first but then we realised that the first email was a I-130 approval , the second was a welcome letter and registeration for the permanent resident, the third was card production ordered and the fourth was a I-485 approval .

hmmm...when did you receive approval email? I see from your timeline you got card production email on 3/30 and received green card in mail on 04/07. I am guessing this approval email came sometime between 03/30 and 04/07

Hi, I've been so anxious about this whole process and it's really good to hear that mine is within the timeline... I just got my " Aproval notice sent" e-mail today and got 2 card production ordered emails...:confused: One on the day I was aproved on the 9th and another one on the 17th. I already received my welcome letter... so as you guys say that it may take a week from this "card production order" email to come and it hasn't come yet so I beleive the second email is the valid one... still waiting and very anxious... I have a trip palnned just waiting on the GC... Has someone gotten 2 card production ordered emails two? I got this from CRIS too...:)
Tks for sharing your timelines that's really helpful!!!

Hi...
I am happy to be within the timeline but I got confused because I received 2 "card production ordered" emails.. one on the day I was aproved 9th and other on the 17th... if I wait on the first one it's already delayed but according to your experience I may receive it today...:eek: in the other hand I have to considerate the other email on the 17th... another card production email... so waiting on this I should receive next Tuesday :cool: I already got my welcome letter on the 13th...

Approved but have questions

Hi,

I was reading through the thread and found out that most of you got an email (or letter on the mail) for the gc production notice or welcome notice in about 3- 5 days. i had my interview on the 19th and its been a week since then i havent got any email or any kind of mail. Is that normal?

thank you in advance.