to all of you who received your Welcome Letter and GC!!!

velli

Registered Users (C)
I am so anxious and know I should just chill. I am pilgrimming to my mailbox every day in hope to find a letter from the "US Immigration Services".

I was just wondering from where the letters and GC get sent....do they come from your DO or does everything get sent out of Lee's Summit?

Thanks a bunch....

p.s. after my calculations i should have gotten something today..... :p

I was thinking it came from the local's DO, but thanks to dr_lha for clearing that up. :)

Mine was sent on Monday, I sure don't hope it takes a whole week to get to me, so I am guessing I should see it in my mailbox on Friday. ;)

dont' worry, it are getting it.
Sometimes it just very very slow for some reason.
My EAD e-mail was received on Nov.9th, and I got the card at Nov.24th.
Dont' know why it took so long. But at least it is here.

Hope your GC wont' take so long.

what's the difference between the Welcome Letter and an Approval Letter? I thought those were the same. Just got an e-mail from CRIS saying that. My Green Card production was ordered on the 2nd so i've been reading they usually get here within a week of that notice. Is that still true?

Thanks a lot

OMG... Talk about impatience... You're getting your green card in less then 3 months. How can you complain about anything? :rolleyes:
Congratulation on a very speedy process. :)

Move to the mailbox...

Hi Velli,

Move your bed to near the mailbox.... :D I think the mailman is aware that you are waiting for your greencard, so he deliberately keeps it in his mail bag, just for the fun of it... :eek: However, once he seems your bed there, he is surely going to slip it under your pillow... :p :p

Congratulations.... wait a little, someone will finally mail it to you... :eek: Don't visit your mailbox too often... :cool:

see guys the one thing with me is at least that my wife has been supporting me now for so long and i haven't worked since coming to the US on a tourist visa in 04. so now i am just so ecited to look at jobs...apply for jobs....and hopefully soon receive a paycheck.....that's the only reason for my anxiousness. if i would have my ead i doubt i would be all that crazy.

But thanks everyone for your answers and al that mailwoman better not be screwing with me...lol....but maybe i should leave a snickers bar in the box for her....lol

At least u got something, my interview was 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I don't know if I was approved or not. The officer did not say whether I was approved or not. She just said will look at your papers and decide. I have no idea what this means.

velli said:
what's the difference between the Welcome Letter and an Approval Letter? I thought those were the same. Just got an e-mail from CRIS saying that. My Green Card production was ordered on the 2nd so i've been reading they usually get here within a week of that notice. Is that still true?

Thanks a lot
You get an email from CRIS saying that the "Approval Notice has been Sent", usually after the "Card ORdered" email. It sounds like this should be another letter from USCIS, but in reality I believe this really means "we've sent your Greencard". You never receive anything other than the "Welcome Letter" and the Green Card.

My i-485 status also change to welcome letter mailed

Hi guy has i was in the forum and hearing about all these beautifull stories i just decided to give a check to my i-485 status and with a big emotion i saw the message change :

on febuary 5 2007 we have registered your new permanent resident status and mailed you a welcome letter . Your should receive your new card in 60 days from the date of this registration

Guys iam so happy to see that and man it was something . I usualy dont check the mail , so i will later when i get home for that welcome letter .

Never be discourage , patience is the key .

I would think the most important aspect is to be approved.
I am not sure if your passport was stamped or not Velli, but mine was and the officer told me that I can use the stamp as work permit and travel permit. (Though for travel its best to wait for the card). :)

USCIS may delay slightly to send the card, but it will be there, because if not, you can let them know and they will follow up.
But since the mail for the GC is important, it will certainly come and have less chances of being lost or anything. :)

I would give it at least 3 weeks before I start worrying.

Regarding jobs, you can certainly start looking and let the company hiring you know that you are waiting for the card, if passport not stamped. :)

hope this help! :)

dr_lha said:
You get an email from CRIS saying that the "Approval Notice has been Sent", usually after the "Card ORdered" email. It sounds like this should be another letter from USCIS, but in reality I believe this really means "we've sent your Greencard". You never receive anything other than the "Welcome Letter" and the Green Card.

thanks dr.

ugh that means probably a week from today then....i know that my case went fast and i am sooo lucky. but trust me my life until now has been anything but lucky so i am excited that at last i get to be lucky as well...

to all the people who are waiting to hear about their decision after the interview, i wish you all the best of luck.

thanks

txgirl said:
I would think the most important aspect is to be approved.
I am not sure if your passport was stamped or not Velli, but mine was and the officer told me that I can use the stamp as work permit and travel permit. (Though for travel its best to wait for the card). :)

USCIS may delay slightly to send the card, but it will be there, because if not, you can let them know and they will follow up.
But since the mail for the GC is important, it will certainly come and have less chances of being lost or anything. :)

I would give it at least 3 weeks before I start worrying.

Regarding jobs, you can certainly start looking and let the company hiring you know that you are waiting for the card, if passport not stamped. :)

hope this help! :)

hi txgirl,

i am not really worried...just impatient and yes the most important thing is that I am approved. The officer did not stamp my passport do to the fact that they send the cards out so fast these days.

The only thing that made me worry is in your Interview post you told us that your IO told you that it is important that your name is on the mailbox. Well since we live at my wife's parents house (for right now), our names aren't on the boxes, but neither are theirs due to the fact that this community (brans new) has these community P.O. Box style things and everything is by number. I have always gotten the letters from USCIS so I am hoping that it stays the same and that GC doesn't have some type of "special delivery" that USPS has to adhere to.

thanks a lot,

You are approved. And you will get card soon
I was approved on 1/26/07 and I got my card on 2/6/7.
I also got email that my card is ordered. Did you?

polich said:
You are approved. And you will get card soon
I was approved on 1/26/07 and I got my card on 2/6/7.
I also got email that my card is ordered. Did you?

Yes i did get an email regarding card production order. I got my welcome letter in the mail today as well....at least i know my mail is still getting to me.

polich congrats on getting your "green" card!
;)

Joining the list, I've just received email about my case, which was card production ordered. It sounds like it's over, but it ain't over til my card is in my hands/wallet. :D Do people know how long does it take for the card to reach me upon receiving the "card production ordered" notice?

Mine took from when I got the email 2/1/07 card ordered and I got the card today 2/8/07 so not long :)

i have read numerous threads where people say it takes about 7 days from the day of the e-mail. that also seems to be the case if you look at some of the timelines