To all Oct, Nov, Dec and Jan filers, who are not approved

sanju13,
These are the action items, I am thinking

1) First of all I want to know how many are interested? Based on that we can guess how much we can collect.

2) Based on that, will decide, whether we can afford Mr. Khanna or not.

3) Depending on the money we will choose good immigration attorney from vt or with in 2 hours drive. Our forum friends in those areas will help us to find out attorney for us.

4) We will choose date and time.

5) We will submit our petition to Service director.

Class action is absolutely in the right direction. If you want to get other people's attention, let your lawyer talk. Petitions are useless before cases are adjudicated before the courts and laws are passed in the congress.

But hiring a lawyer is expensive. Suppose his or her hourly rate is somewhere around $200. A lawsuit of such scale could easily cost more than $100K (500 hours). Although lots of applicants would be interested in signing up, probably few would want to spend more than $100 on the lawsuit.

For now, we have to: (1) enlist some lawyers willing to do pro bono work (I suggest we draft a solicitation letter), (2) elect some coordinator to raise and manage the necessary fund.

I am ready for any thing

Let me know how much I have to contribute. I guess if we will talk Rajiv he will agree for some thing less than what his regular fee is....Well it wont hurt any of us if we just give a shot.

-Sanju

cinta,
Can you through some light on ACLU?. Is this will be a part of every service center or what?

Where these guys will be physically located?

sanju13,
Thank you very much for your support. We will give one more week to collect every bodys opinions then will chalk out action items.

lifer,

Filing a law suit should be the last option. I would recommend to submit petition formally and see the impact of it.

Nice initiation!

Manumahi,

I appreciate all the concerns that you are showing up on this site for all the people who are still waiting for their approval. I sincerely wish someone like you be in the rolls of the BCIS management who can really think of the practical problems that the applicants are facing. I wish you good luck for whatever you may be.

I stay in CA and no way of coming down. But, I can definitely contribute to the cause howmuch ever will it be decided.

Regards,
Singis.

Good initiative. Keep it going, Manumahi. Most of the times people are not carrying their
initiatives to the next day. I hope that you will take this thread seriously and i wish that all others
take active part. How about forming a core team (to take decisions) and electing a coordinator ? We also
need to collect funds. This is pending for very long time. We might ask Rajiv to agree to collect funds
on our behalf. We can all send checks to Rajiv (immigration.com) and write the reason as
"I485 VSC fund" by user xxxxxx. We can create a thread and the Operations team can publish
which user has contributed how much money etc.
I am busy looking for a new job, but you can count on me as a committed volunteer.

dsatish,
I wish to continue this. Hoping, atleast we need to collect $10,000 to keep it going. It is good idea to form action team and sending checks to Rajiv khanna.

As you see so far only 37 people voted. We need atleast 60 people to keep it going. I don't know Rajiv Khanna works for less. I am waiting to see final number. Based on that we will decide with whom we have to go with.

i don't think it's useful to do that

according to my lawyer and congressman, most old cases were pending because the background check are not clear and nobody can force the decision before the clearance, what if BCIS give the reason? We should talk with FBI about this issue. just my 2 cents!

Contributing Money for Just cuase

I am ready to contribute and go to VSC. We should talk to Rajv Khana first and findout what his suggestion is. Then try to find a best way to proceed with this. We need some strong guidance which will take our GC processing somewhere. We have nothing to loose here.

Originally posted by manumahi
cinta,
Can you through some light on ACLU?. Is this will be a part of every service center or what?

Where these guys will be physically located?

ACLU can support us (I believe) for ENDORSMENT and also possible class action suit for ALL service centers and people who have been waiting for more than six months. This is because of Patriot and patriot2 which by the way the ACLU does not like...

kia,
I have seen cases not been touched. Neither received fp2 not rfe. I don't think after fp1 security check taking 1 year. These files might be mishandled some where. What we need is proper order of processing.

sunk1ng,
Thanks for your contribution. Today I started new thread to form action team . They will decide next steps.

Originally posted by manumahi
kia,
I have seen cases not been touched. Neither received fp2 not rfe. I don't think after fp1 security check taking 1 year. These files might be mishandled some where. What we need is proper order of processing.

manumahi is right because even though you completed your
2nd FP or RFE some time they forget to update their system.

Khan_bacha