To AKP or other guru: I-140 redo

leokingwang

Registered Users (C)
I am in redoing I-140 process. Could you give me some guidance on the process.

My lawyer told me that I can\'t apply a new I-140 since the application requires specifically original labor cert approval, which was filed along with the first I-140. He also said in this case redo means to amend the old I-140 which is a different process from applying a new one.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

No Title

My lawyer filed a new 140. He had to send every document again. And you have to send all documents with the blue RFE letter. With the blue RFE letter, it is obvious that it is an amendment to your 485 process. You do not file 140 seperately. You send the packet with the RFE letter. Because it is an amendment to 485 application, they have rest of the documents (original too if required).

what is your lawyer thinking of doing?

No Title

Actually it was me who started this whole thing. Because I saw some posts in this web regarding I-140 being asked to redo because of merger/name change. Since it will take a couple of months for my case being adjusted, and if I have to redo my I-140 anyhow, why should I wait. But if the situation is like what you described, maybe I should wait until I got the RFE and file new I-140 at that point. My lawyer said I can\'t file new I-140 because I don\'t have original labor cert and filing for I-140 amendment now will take long time. Maybe he is right.

What\'s your suggestion.

Thanks a bunch.