TN Visa with ONLY offer letter

sp1976

Registered Users (C)
Can TN visa be issued based ONLY on employer OFFER LETTER but not any employer TN supporting/request/cover letter.

Like I take following to the land border and request TN visa

Employer Offer Letter
All educational certs (International and US -associate degree)
CGFNS Visa Screen

If anyone has done this please share info and experience

Thanks

Does the letter clearly indicate (position/duties) what category TN you are applying for?
Does it specify employment for no more than 3 years?
If not, the offer letter is insufficient and you will be denied.

Thanks Nelsona

Employer has agreed to provide support letter with all above

TN Classification : Sci Technician/Technologist- Chemistry
Medical Lab Technician(MLT)- Chemistry or Biology

Employee working in blood testing lab in chemistry and Hematology department
Employee has BSc Microbiology 3yrs and MLT Associate degree from USA with practical training in hospital in similar setting as offered job.
Also

ASCP MLT certified
CGFNS Visa Screen -Medical Lab Technician

From above what are chance of TN success and what questions or thoughts CBP Border Agent may do.

Thanks in advance

I think you may be applying under the wrong TN category. You are a Medical Technologist, which has its own TN category, not a Scientific Technologist.

For SciTech position (you did not mention this in your original post), you also need to list the qualifications of your immediate superior (either the actual person, or the position) and how you are providing support -- since this a a TN category that does not require the applicant to have a degree of any kind. This extra documentation is not required for MedTech, a category for which you and the job are clearly eligible.

You are a slam dunk for MedTech, but SciTech would need more info about your relationship to your supervisor.
Btw, this portion:
Employee has BSc Microbiology 3yrs and MLT Associate degree from USA with practical training in hospital in similar setting as offered job.
Also

ASCP MLT certified
CGFNS Visa Screen -Medical Lab Technician​
is not needed-- since you are required to provide degree and Visa Screen, regardless of what letter says-- but it is not harmful.

I think you may be applying under the wrong TN category. You are a Medical Technologist, which has its own TN category, not a Scientific Technologist.

For SciTech position (you did not mention this in your original post), you also need to list the qualifications of your immediate superior (either the actual person, or the position) and how you are providing support -- since this a a TN category that does not require the applicant to have a degree of any kind. This extra documentation is not required for MedTech, a category for which you and the job are clearly eligible.

You are a slam dunk for MedTech, but SciTech would need more info about your relationship to your supervisor.
Btw, this portion:

is not needed-- since you are required to provide degree and Visa Screen, regardless of what letter says-- but it is not harmful.
Thanks Nelsona
TN has MED.Technologist category which requires min Bachelors but I have 3 yrs bachelor from India and associates 2yr from.USA. Also in TN education cannot be combined with experience to gain equivalent to Bachelor in USA like they do in H1B.

So Sct Technician may fit better as in the blood /medical test lab I will be in Chemistry section maintenance of test equipment, refill chemical reagent in machine, calibration of test equipment, Stock test supply, computer entry for samples.log etc. Perform testing under Certified Medical Lab Technologist.
Can you please elobrate on relationships to your supervisor.
I have requested my supervisor qualifications to be included stating I will be working under her.

Thanks for all help

You don't need experience, you have your bach degree, you simply need to get it evaluated against US degree, which I'm sure will pass. And Med Tech DOES accept experience and North American diploma, so you do qualify for that BOTH ways. (Degree alone or Diploma+3ys)

But if you add your supervisor's qualifications (degree, etc -- think of it as her applying for a TN), you should be fine. How are you documenting your experience (it should be by independent letters from bosses, coworkers, clients)? SciTech is highly scrutinized because usually reserved for those who cannot otherwise qualify for TN(ie. no degree). This is not your case so why risk it,

For future, get your foreign degree evaluated; you will at some point need this.

I think you should have a lawyer look over this.

Thanks Nelsona
Employer is one of the biggest medical lab company in world and has HR involved with lawyers review.
Waiting for TN paper work from employer. My three year Indian BSc 2004 was evaluated in 2006 as same as three yrs US. My otherIndian one year diploma 2006 and two year US associate 2024 is not being evaluated.
I am planning to send ALL my educational to one entity and get evaluated.
Which one is best for this kind. Want to use more known or reouted evaluation company.
Googling gives me lots and so does the evaluators association website.
Really appreciate your help. Will try to pass on this to HR.

Btw, this portion:

Nelsona

Got TN paperwork from the company lawyer
TN Classification: Medical Technologist
Job Title: Medical Lab Technician

Lawyer mentions in the support letter about my Associate in Medical Lab Technician ( 2 year, USA Community College), Diploma Certificate in Medical Lab Technology (1 year, India). and 1.5 years of experience. My three years BSc in Microbiology degree from India (evaluated in 2006 to equivalent three years Bachelors to US degree) is NOT mentioned at all.

The support letter has dates from July 8 2024 to July 7 2027 but I received the documents July 9 and will be going for visa at land border on July 11. Will this be an issue.

I am planning to carry originals

3 year BSc Microbio- India certificate, original transcript and US evaluation letter
1 year Diploma certificate from India after my BSc
2 year Associate from US Community College certificate and transcript
Signed offer letter

I have Lab tech experience
1 year in India
6 months practicum training during my associate degree requirement

Hope this will suffice