TN visa to Green card to Naturlization

Junoon123

Registered Users (C)
Today was my interview for naturlization i got my green card based on TN Visa.
I am really confused because the IO asked me if i have signed for selective services to which i replied that btw the age of 18 and 26 i was on a F1 visa but she kept on telling me you should have signed up for selective services then she handed me a paper and said i will make my descision in 120 days.
Are non immigrant suppose to sign up for selective services if they are on F1 Visa?

No, if you were in legal nonimmigrant status, you are not required to register for Selective Service. But if you were out of status between 18 and 26, you had to register (although in that case it wouldn't affect naturalization because it happened before the residence period for naturalization anyway).

I was in status between 18 and 26 and that was 20 years or so ago. Do you know which forms to fill out to get a copy of my student visa from that long ago. The IO did say my file is digital.
Thanks newacct.

If so, then answering No to the question about living in the US between 18 and 26 except as a nonimmigrant is correct. You should not need to show any additional evidence unless they request it. Wait for the decision.

How long was your journey from TN to GC and are there restrictions on some people originating from countries like India China etc

took 5 years or so, dont know if their are restriction on certain countries, but i doubt it. Nelson here should be able to advice much clearly then i can.
I believe their was a post here from Curious george look at that post should make things more clearer.

If so, then answering No to the question about living in the US between 18 and 26 except as a nonimmigrant is correct. You should not need to show any additional evidence unless they request it. Wait for the decision.
Thanks i think they heard you and today my application was approved got an email and its approved.
Thanks for all your help.