TN Visa - Manager tittle (technical) with engineering degree

sabb123

I have a job as a Quality Manager in the US and I am working on getting a good support letter from the company. This position requires an engineering degree that I have but the title does not have the word engineer on it. Its a technical job that would be managing technicians as well hence the title Quality Manager. Will this be an issue? They are going to state in the support letter that the position is within the division of engineering.

If the job description is in line with an engineer you will get the TN. If not, you won't. The internal job title is not the main criteria. Just because the company asked for you to have an engineering degree does not automatically make it an engineering job.

Beware however that managing people is not permitted on TN.

If the job description is in line with an engineer you will get the TN. If not, you won't. The internal job title is not the main criteria. Just because the company asked for you to have an engineering degree does not automatically make it an engineering job.

Thank you. The job description is in line with an engineer and the job duties will be linked to materials/chemical engineer. The only thing is its a managerial position which will also be managing technicans and technologists (providing technical expertise and support) along with engineering work. Will that be an issue?

Also, would they be asking to see the job posting? I read some people did not even show the offer letter.

The only thing is its a managerial position which will also be managing technicians and technologists (providing technical expertise and support) along with engineering work. Will that be an issue?
This was already answered in Nelson's response.