TN Visa information needed

S_Menon

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

In November 2007, I attended an Enterprise Architecture Conference and at that conference I met a few Senior Managers from the public sector of Texas State. They were impressed by my profile and want me to join their team as a Senior Manager. This is the first time that I ever got interested in the US job scope. I have been following the thread ever since. My queries are :

1. What category of TN occupation do I fall under - would it be Management Consultant or CSA

2. Is there any possibility of my moving from TN to Green card without the support of my employer.

Thanks,

Hi,

1. What category of TN occupation do I fall under - would it be Management Consultant or CSA

-- Yes. Others might be able to tell you if there is other occupation.

2. Is there any possibility of my moving from TN to Green card without the support of my employer.

-- No. FYI: The employer HAS to be involved for all the employment based green cards.

You may have to be a permanent resident or citizen to work for a public entity such as the state. You might want to go through this section as there are threads about this.

Also, if you are qualified for this type of position, then don't limit yourself to Texas. Do you have a degree in Computer science or MIS? That will be an issue. If you have learned everything through experience but don't have the matching degree, it will be a problem.

Can you describe the nature if the job in plain English.

Management position in US

Thanks for the responses.

I am a Masters in Computer Science from India and have recieved the equivalency from Canadian Univerisities.

The job is that of a Senior Project Manager - which involoved overseeing IT projects from the inception to the delivery and maintenance.

The offer letter states the position as Senior IT Project Manager - which TN category would this be in. Does anyone know any good lawyer who might be able to clarify these points to me.

Also, I have been hearing that the officials at the border that is not so busy like Kingston or Quebec etc are much friendlier than at Niagara.

Last edited by a moderator: