TN Visa for a Canadian

sam72

Hi, all.

I am little bit new for all this immigration stuff of USA, so please excuse me for my very basic questions.

I am a Canadian with an offer for employment in USA, my wife is a PR of Canada and my daughter is a Canadian ( born in Canada).

Regarding the TN visa, the lawyer of the company asked me to fill in some information and provide so documents, I am not sure how does the system work for my wife who is a PR of Canada and my daughter who is a Canadian.

I know that they need a TD visa, how and when can I apply for them for this visa?

thanks for all.

You need TN status, which you will get at the border, your daughter will get TD status at the border, at the same time or after you get your TN. Your spouse, since she is not Cdn will need to get a TD visa at a US consulate in canada after you get your TN, and then will be allowed to enter US in TD status.
If you were all Cdn, you could all get TN/TD at the border at the same time.

Tn1

I am also looking for TN1 . But my qualification is MBA and Graduation in Mathematics. I have job offer and seems company ready to adjust some words to get me TN1.

I worked in the USA 4 years on H1b visa and after moving to Canada in 2004 worked under various titles like Data Architect, System Analyst and Application Consultant. Should I try under Computer System analyst? Can you share your experience what offficer asked and looking for?