TN Visa first time - border crossing?

Techquest145

Hello Everyone,
I just received job from US employer, and expecting support letter to come in a week or so. have some basic questions
- Should i go to border crossing or Pearson airport for TN visa
- If visa is stamped, do i have to travel or cross border at the same instance or can come back to Toronto and go travel on later date.

Thanks

Last edited:
You can only get TN at airport if you are immediately flying to US. You can get TN stamp (and the I-94) at the border and then return home to pack and then journey to your new job.

Thanks Nelsona for your quick response.
Can i go any day( including weekends) to the border crossing for TN Visa or its only on limited days..

Thanks Nelsona for your quick response.
Can i go any day( including weekends) to the border crossing for TN Visa or its only on limited days..
Its better to go on business days between 8 AM and 4 PM

For some port of entries, there is an appointment requirement, call them before heading to the border

I recently went to Detroit POE, didn’t take any appointment, went on business days, they processed my TN

Thanks, I have received all required documents , planning to go to border ( fort Erie Peace bridge) this coming Friday…. any experience any one want to share

i will be travelling with family , should I get TD visa for everyone at the same time ??? Later on can spouse change from TD to TN if she find job

You can get TD at any time eithr that day or anytime it is convenient for them to cross the border.
One can switcth to TN from TD at any point, when qualified.

Thanks, I have received all required documents , planning to go to border ( fort Erie Peace bridge) this coming Friday…. any experience any one want to share

i will be travelling with family , should I get TD visa for everyone at the same time ??? Later on can spouse change from TD to TN if she find job
How was your experience?